Symantec Endpoint Protection is the best endpoint protection antivirus platform that defends businesses from both malware and targeted attacks—protecting against new and unknown threats. With a central management console, IT professionals can manage the detection of advanced threats such as cyber threats, malware, phishing attacks, and more.
Symantec Endpoint Security Protection uses Symantec’s insight and analytics platform to collect and collate cybersecurity data from over 200 million systems in 200-plus countries. It uses this data to identify and create a security rating for every file accessed through the Internet. As a result, it stops targeted attacks and advanced, persistent security threats with a degree of protection that far exceeds the capacities of traditional antivirus software.
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10|
|Processor||2-GHz Pentium 4 with x86-64 support or equivalent minimum|
|Memory||2 GB RAM|
|Browser||MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 7, 8, OR 9, MOZILLA FIREFOX 3.6 OR 4.0.|
|SQL Server||SQL SERVER 2000, SP4 OR LATER|
|Software Name||Symantec Software For Windows V 14.3.3384.1000|
|File Size||7.93 MB|
Download Software For PC
Symantec Endpoint Protection Software Features
- The world’s most powerful single-agent endpoint security tool with the prevention, detection, and response, deception, and adaptation.
- Consists of anti-malware, intrusion prevention, and firewall features for server and desktop computers.
- Provides the perfect solution to secure servers, desktops, laptops, and virtual environments against a wide range of threats.
- Features centralized policy management and real-time response capabilities making it very easy to handle the administrative burden.
- Lower the cost of managing security at the network, mobile, and remote client level.
- Supports the latest Windows editions, so users can get the same high-class protection without needing to upgrade to a newer OS.
- Capable of detecting 25% more online threats.
- Utilizes an integrated recovery tool to generate a self-booting CD or USB stick which includes a suite of Symantec malware removal utilities.
- Includes a host-based anti-malware prevention system to scan the entire computer network and prevent all potential attacks.
- Delivers superior, multilayer protection to stop threats regardless of how they attack your endpoints.
- Allows the users to remove the detected malware with ease and retrieve valuable documents in the process.
- Randomize scans and updates, maintain a shared scan cache, and scan offline images.
- Automatically identify or manage virtual clients.
- Optimize computers’ efficiency, along with enforcing processes and policies.
- Performs its functions whenever the host PC goes out of service, so as not to disturb users from work and take up computer resources that might be required for other tasks.
Endpoint Protection has an administrative console that allows the IT department to modify security policies for each department, such as which programs or files to exclude from antivirus scans. It does not manage mobile devices directly, but treats them as peripherals when connected to a computer and protects the computer from any malicious software on the mobile device.
Pros And Cons of Symantec Endpoint Protection Software
|Scalable solutions||Slows systems down during scanning procedures|
|Fast system scans||Can sometimes block friendly files from running|
|Keeps your system secure with auto-updates||Slows down network performance|
|Light on system resources||Initial set up can be a bit tricky|
Symantec Endpoint Protection is designed for maximum efficiency, enabling hardware to run faster and last longer for performance, and runs on several operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. The complete suite is a good fit for medium-sized businesses seeking a more comprehensive range of protection.
FAQ of Endpoint Security Software
1. What is Symantec Endpoint Protection For Small Business?
Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition has a central control panel and can be managed on-premise or through the cloud via an online portal. A single administrator has the capability to set policies for devices and users and can receive security alerts via SMS or email.
2. How do I update this antivirus software?
If you are want to upgrade to the current version of this software involves the following steps, in order:
Step 1: Create an upgrade plan
Step 2: Back up and prepare for disaster recovery (critical)
Step 3: Prepare Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 managers
Step 4: Stop the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service
Step 5: Upgrade the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
Step 6: Upgrade the client version
3. Where can I download Symantec Endpoint Protection Software?
Download the latest version for your computer system:
- Click the “Download button” and get the new software for your PC.
- Select the appropriate download for your operating system or device.
Download Software For PC