Emsisoft Emergency Kit is the ultimate free malware scanner software to scan, detect and remove viruses, keyloggers, and other malware threats. This software does not only detect more because it uses the full power of two major antivirus- and anti-malware technologies, it also scans quicker because of the efficient combination of the scanners.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit is the core application of free malware scanner and it allows you to detect spyware, adware, viruses, worms, trojans, dialers, keyloggers, and other malicious programs. If any malware components are detected, you can choose to quarantine and delete them.
Each of the four scan types delivers precise results and is designed to tailor to any situation. You can run a quick maintenance scan of the active programs and spyware traces, a deep system scan, as well as a targeted sweep for specific file types.
It’s clean, comprehensive, and offers you all the guidance you need to perform the scans in a simple manner. From a versatility point of view, if you are a system administrator or a security expert, you’ll be pleased to know that software can also be run using the command-line tool.
| Read more: What are computer viruses and how it works
Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner
This free anti-malware software includes the powerful Emsisoft Scanner complete with the graphical user interface. Scan the infected PC for Viruses, Trojans, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Keyloggers, and other malicious programs.
| Read more: What is trojan horse and how to prevent it
Emsisoft Commandline Scanner
This scanner contains the same functionality as this software but without a graphical user interface. The command-line tool is made for professional users and is perfect for batch jobs.
To run the Emsisoft Commandline Scanner, perform the following actions:
- Open a command prompt window (Run: cmd.exe)
- Switch to the drive of the USB Stick (e.g.: f:), then to the folder of the executable files (e.g.: cd run)
- Run the scanner by typing: a2cmd.exe
There are three different apps included in Emsisoft Emergency Kit: a scanner to check and clean the computer, an analysis tool to manually remove malware, and a special app to delete files, Registry keys, and other items that are blocked and can’t be deleted otherwise.
| Read more: Everything you need to know about ransomware attacks
Emsisoft Emergency Kit For Free Malware Scanner Features
- Malware detection: Features the complete dual-scanner technology of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, with millions of signatures for all types of online threats.
- Malware removal: Thorough quarantine or removal of detected objects with saving of log files.
- Portable: Fully portable solution, no installation required. You can make unlimited copies of the stick.
- Reliable: However the use of proven technology that has already cleaned millions of infections over the last 3 years.
- Guaranteed: Custom malware removal help from our experts for hard-to-remove infections.
Pros And Cons
|Handy kit of security apps||Barely documented|
|Nice interface design|
|Based on a-squared engine|
|No installation required|
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10|
|Memory||At least 1 GB of RAM|
|Storage Space||200 MB of Free Hard Disk Space|
Official Video of Emsisoft Emergency Kit For Free Malware Scanner
What’s new in this version:
Emsisoft Emergency Kit 2021.4.0.10765
Device protection (desktop):
- RegEx support for Emsisoft Anti-Malware host rules, in addition to RegEx support for Emsisoft Browser Security
- Several minor tweaks and fixes
Management console (web app):
- Improved product stability and security
- Smaller user interface improvements
- Several minor tweaks and fixes
Emsisoft Emergency Kit is a totally portable, free malware scanner software that can lend you a hand at any time, otherwise, you have a problem with your computer or you’ve been asked to fix your uncle’s old PC.