Quick Heal Antivirus Pro is a powerful security solution made to fend off all popular forms of malware, from Trojans, worms and viruses, too stubborn rootkits, dialers, spyware, and adware. It comes in three separate editions: Antivirus Pro, Internet Security, and Total Security. Each of them has more features than the last, and Antivirus Pro represents the “lightest” package.
Intuitive UI and options
The software application includes a real-time guard to stop malicious agents before infiltrating the computer, along with an effective av engine for on-demand scans. Wrapped in a user-friendly interface that adapts to the latest Windows 8 look with flat buttons and simplified options, the tool is geared toward novices and experienced users alike.
Speedy installation and powerful security measures
The entire setup procedure is fast and painless since no customization options are offered. Quick Heal Antivirus Pro integrates some extra features dedicated to PC security, meant to verify incoming and outgoing emails for spam and dangerous attachments by keeping an eye on email clients, replace the Windows Firewall with a personal one to prevent network-based attacks, as well as to restrict browsers activity to a virtual and secure environment by running them from a sandbox. Autorun protection for USB disks and other removable storage device is available as well.
Several scanning methods with default or customized settings
Full, custom, memory and boot time scans can be run, depending on the user’s priorities and time willing to spend waiting for results. While the full and custom modes are self-explanatory, the memory method verifies active processes, and the boot mode runs a checkup at Windows startup to look into the autostart apps.
Default settings may be altered when it comes to the action to take on threat detection, visual and sound notifications, backups, heuristics, archives, packed files, executables, mailboxes, and so on. They are mostly oriented toward advanced users. However, novices can use the factory configuration with confidence.
Quick Heal Antivirus Pro Features:
- AntiVirus: Detects and removes viruses, worms, and trojans automatically. Protects your files, scans and cleans infection from email attachments and Internet downloads automatically.
- AntiSpyware: Blocks spyware before they get installed on your PC. Protects your privacy by detecting and cleaning spyware and blocking their activities of identity theft automatically.
- Firewall: Quick Heal Firewall Professional powered by Agnitum Outpost locks hackers and thieves out of your PC. Delivers total protection against known and unknown internal and external network based attacks.
- AntiMalware: A new advanced malware scanning engine scans registry, files and folders at lightning speed to thoroughly detect and clean Spywares, Adwares, Roguewares, Dialers, Riskwares and lots of other potential threats in your system.
- Anti-Rootkit: Detects and cleans rootkits proactively by doing a deep system scan. Scans running processes, registry and file system for any suspicious rootkit activity that is kept hidden in the system.
Performance and conclusion
Quick Heal Antivirus Pro does not put a strain on PC performance when running scanning jobs with the default parameters. It finished scans in reasonable time and delivered very good results concerning the total amount of infected files detected in our most recent evaluation. To sum it up, if you’re in the market for a reliable antivirus solution, then you should at least test Quick Heal Antivirus Pro for yourself to decide whether it’s worth the purchase or not.