Google Assistant may eat many jobs in the coming future as it extends to help you as your personal assistant, it works across devices, like Google Home, your phone, and more. You can access it with a long press home on Android, Ok Google, or a squeeze on Pixel phones.
The assistant is Google’s voice assistant. At launch, it was an extension of Google Now – designed to be personal – while expanding on Google’s existing “OK Google” voice controls. Originally, Google Now smartly pulled out relevant information for you: it knew where you worked, your meetings and travel plans, the sports teams you liked, and what interested you so that it could present you with personal information that mattered.
Google has long killed Google Now, but Assistant very much lives in the same space, fusing these personalized elements with a wide range of voice control. It supports both text or voice entry and is happy to follow the conversation whichever entry method you’re using.
Where is it use?
How to activate?
Touch and hold on your Android phone.
Your virtual assistant is ready to help with eligible Android Marshmallow and Nougat phones. Just touch and hold the Home button or say “Ok Google”.
Google Assistant Feature:
Google for Phones:
- Manage your task: Send a text, set reminders, turn on battery saver and instantly lookup emails.
- Plan for your day: Check your flight status, make a dinner reservation, check what time your film starts and find a coffee shop along your route.
- Enjoy Entertain: Play podcasts and control your music from Google Play and YouTube Music.
- Make Memories: Your Assistant makes it incredibly simple to find your photos – and to take them as well.
- Get Answer: Get real-time answers including the latest on weather, traffic, finance or sports. Quickly find translations while you’re traveling.
Google for Speaker:
Get hands-free help around the house from your Assistant on speakers with this app built in. Just start with “Ok Google”.
- Get Answer: Get answers on sports, weather, finance, calculations, translations and more.
- Entertainment: With a simple voice command, play music, podcasts and radio, or stream videos to your TV with Chromecast.
- Day Planning: With your permission, get help with things like your daily brief, your flight information or your commute to work. Check on the latest weather and traffic in your area.
- Task Management: With your permission, your Assistant can add items to your shopping list and stock up on essentials. Set alarms, manage your calendar, and make calls hands free.
- Control your home: Simply ask your Assistant on Google Home to set the perfect temperature or turn down the lights. Turn on/off devices around your home with supported smart switches.
Google for Car:
Your Assistant is now integrated into Android Auto. So whether you have a compatible car – or the Android Auto app – you can now have hands-free help while you drive. To get started, simply say “Ok Google” or long-press the voice control button on your steering wheel in compatible cars.
- Navigate: Ask you to start your commute and help you find the things you need on the go, such as petrol pumps restaurants, shops, clinics, and hospitals.
- Day Planning: With your permission, get help with things like your daily brief, the traffic to work and the latest news to be ready to start your day.
- Get Answer: Get answers on the things relevant for you when you drive, such as opening hours for shops and restaurants nearby. You can also get answers to the things you love, such as sports and entertainment.
Google for a watch:
Press and hold the power button on your Wear OS by Google smartwatch or say, “Ok Google” to check the weather, start a run, set reminders and much more.
Manage tasks: Track your run, return a call, or add things to your shopping list.
Get Answers: Check the time in any city, ask to get translations and updates while you’re on the go.
Plan your day: Find out how long it will take to get to work, ask if your flight’s on time, or check when your next appointment starts.
- Send WhatsApp message.
- Get help having conversations in dozens of languages.
- Get translations for words or phrases in supported languages.
- With Tender, there are many ways to find the perfect drink for you.