Telegram for Desktop is a messaging app with a focus on speed and security, it’s super-fast, simple and free. You can use Telegram on all your devices at the same time — your messages sync seamlessly across any number of your phones, tablets, or computers.
With Telegram, you can send messages, photos, free videos chat, and files of any type (doc, zip, mp3, etc), as well as create groups for up to 1000 people or channels for broadcasting to unlimited audiences. You can write to your phone contacts and find people by their usernames. As a result, Telegram is like SMS and email combined — and can take care of all your personal or business messaging needs. You can download this software for PC offline installer from our site by clicking on the free download button.
Telegram for Desktop features an intuitive interface that encases a list of your contacts and displays the conversation with each. In order to create your account, you will be prompted to enter your name and provide a valid mobile phone number, which is used for generating a security code.
Users can create groups comprising up to 200 contacts and broadcast messages to a maximum of 100 people that are using Telegram, regardless of the platform of their choice.
The application features desktop notifications for incoming messages and supports file and photo sending, ensuring compatibility with any format, be it documents, archives, music files or pictures. And like in any messaging application out there, conversations can be enriched using various funny emoticons.
Telegram comparison with WhatsApp
|Send file size||1.5 GB||16 MB|
|Members limit in one group||Up to 10000||256|
|Chatbot||It offers chatbot.||WhatsApp has yet chatbot API.|
|Sticker||It is best Sticker collection.||It is a very nice Sticker collection for fast conversation.|
|Backup||Telegram saves activity to the cloud, WhatsApp provides users with a way to back up all their chats on a regular interval.||In the settings menu, users can choose to save backups on a daily, weekly or monthly basis—then view those backups on a storage service like Google Drive.|
Telegram For Desktop Software Features
Telegram is a popular messaging app that is known for its security, speed, and features. Here are some of the top features of Telegram:
- Security: Telegram uses end-to-end encryption to protect the privacy of users’ messages and calls. It also offers a “Secret Chat” feature that allows users to set a self-destruct timer for their messages.
- Speed: Telegram is designed to be fast and responsive, even on slow or congested networks.
- Group chats: Telegram allows users to create groups with up to 200,000 members, making it a useful tool for large organizations or communities.
- File sharing: Telegram allows users to send large files, including photos, videos, and documents, up to 2 GB in size.
- Customization: Telegram allows users to customize their experience with a variety of features, such as custom backgrounds and chat icons.
- Bot integration: Telegram offers a powerful API and platform for developers to create bots that can interact with users and automate tasks.
- Connect from most remote locations.
- Coordinate groups of up to 100.000 members.
- Synchronize your chats across all your devices.
Official Video Intro Telegram
How old is Telegram?
Telegram for iOS was launched on August 14, 2013. The alpha version of Telegram for Android officially launched on October 20, 2013. More and more Telegram clients appear, built by independent developers using Telegram’s open platform.
Which devices can I use?
You can use Telegram on smartphones, tablets, and even computers. We have apps for iOS (9.0 and above), Android (4.1 and up), a native macOS app and a universal desktop app for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Telegram Web can also help to quickly do something on the go.
You can log in to Telegram from as many of your devices as you like — all at the same time. Just use your main mobile phone number to log in everywhere, your cloud chats will sync instantly.
Who are the people behind Telegram?
Telegram is supported by Pavel Durov and his brother Nikolai. Pavel supports Telegram financially and ideologically while Nikolai’s input is technological. To make Telegram possible, Nikolai developed a unique custom data protocol, which is open, secure and optimized for work with multiple data-centers. As a result, Telegram combines security, reliability and speed on any network.
Where is Telegram based?
The Telegram development team is based in Dubai.
Most of the developers behind Telegram originally come from St. Petersburg, the city famous for its unprecedented number of highly skilled engineers. The Telegram team had to leave Russia due to local IT regulations and has tried a number of locations as its base, including Berlin, London and Singapore. We’re currently happy with Dubai, although are ready to relocate again if local regulations change.
What are your thoughts on internet privacy?
We think that the two most important components of Internet privacy should be:
- Protecting your private conversations from snooping third parties, such as officials, employers, etc.
- Protecting your personal data from third parties, such as marketers, advertisers, etc.
Telegram Older Versions