COMODO Internet Security Premium is an antivirus system that aims to protect your system, files, and folders against online threats. It includes an antivirus module, combined with firewall features build an unbreakable shield.
COMODO Internet Security Premium offers to change your DNS servers to COMODO SecureDNS servers (it has a description) and to enable “Cloud-Based Behavior Analysis” of unrecognized programs by submitting them to COMODO.
When the program is launched, you are welcomed by three windows. In one of them, COMODO searched for updates, another one informed us of how the firewall had detected a new private network that our PC was about to join and another one which is the software’s interface.
Updating takes several minutes, after which COMODO runs an automatic scan on your computer (which takes a really long time, but it’s thorough). The GUI is very eye-catching and simple to follow.
COMODO seems to have a lot of features for each main function, but they are well organized. The antivirus section lets you run or schedule a scan (a full scan, on critical areas, or a spyware scan), configure the scanner settings, view antivirus events and quarantined items, but also submit suspicious files to COMODO to be further analyzed.
The firewall lets you view events and alerts that were possibly triggered by attacks on the computer, define a new trusted or blocked application, create a set of global rules, and configure various options.
Defense+ has some interesting features, such as running a program in the Sandbox (a “safe haven” for untrusted, restricted, limited or partially limited applications), adding or removing files to and from your local safe executable database, and viewing unrecognized files (which are automatically placed in the Sandbox until further notice).
COMODO Internet Security Features:
- Antivirus: Tracks down and destroy any existing malware hiding in a PC
- Anti-Spyware: Detects spyware threats and destroys each infection.
- Anti-Rootkit: Scans, detects & removes rootkits on your computer.
- Bot Protection: Prevents malicious software from turning your PC into a zombie.
- Defense+: Protects critical system files and blocks malware before it installs
- Auto Sandbox Technology: Runs unknown files in an isolated environment where they can cause no damage.
- Memory Firewall: Cutting-edge protection against sophisticated buffer overflow attacks.
- Anti-Malware: Kills malicious processes before they can do harm.
Surprisingly enough, COMODO uses very little CPU and memory resources while scanning is active. But other system applications run slower.
To sum things up, COMODO Internet Security Premium is a brilliant security application, but that’s only our opinion. You have to test it for yourself.