TeXstudio For Windows is an integrated writing environment for creating LaTeX documents. Therefore this software has numerous features like syntax-highlighting, integrated viewer, reference checking, and various assistants. It is open-source and is available for all major operating systems. This software has been forked from Texmaker in 2009, because of the non-open development process of Texmaker software and due to different philosophies concerning configuration and its features.
The interface of the tool is familiar and user-friendly. So, you can start a new project from scratch or select one of the templates, such as prosper, letter, report, article, or book.
Edit multiple positions at the same time. Vertical blocks can even be copied and pasted.
Suggests possible LaTeX commands as you type. There is a tooltip help explaining the command.
More than 1000 mathematical symbols
Quick access to more than 1000 mathematical symbols.
Filenames, references, and citations turn into links when moving the mouse over them while holding.
Use bookmarks too keep references to important places in your text and to navigate there quickly.
Drag & drop support for images
When you drag an image on the editor the image assistant opens. From there it’s just one more click to have the code for the image inclusion.
TexStudio for WIndows Features
- IWE – Integrated Writing Environment
- All LaTeX tools can be called from TeX studio with just one key press and you can add your own command line options (e.g. for forward/inverse search)
- LaTeX tags and 1102 mathematical symbols you can easily select and add to your text
- Wizards generating necessary code (e.g. documents, tabular/array-environments, and BibTex-types)
- LaTeX errors are displayed in a Log panel and highlight within the tex file
- BibTeX will be automatically called if the bib files are modified
- LaTeX documentation where you can lookup the tags you don’t know
- Customizable menus, toolbars, and environments
- Scripting to control TeXStudio with user-written scripts
- DDE-Support to interact with other programs on Windows
- And also customizable code snippets, tabbed MDI view
- Powerful Text Editor based on QCodeEdit
- Interactive spell checker which marks spelling mistakes while you type them
- Interactive reference checker which marks wrong reference/label combinations and wrong citations
- Interactive syntax checker which marks wrong spelled LaTeX commands
- Syntax highlighting drawing LaTex commands in different, customizable formats
- Code folding which allows you to hide certain blocks
- Auto completion completes tags you wrote and shows corresponding help entries, uses the taglists from kile
- Unicode support which can handle files in all encoding
- Incremental search and replace on a search panel at the bottom of the text panel
- Text Navigation jumps to bookmarks, certain lines, last changes, and LaTeX errors/warnings
- Key Remapping of single keys for automatically text insertion (e.g of nice quotation marks)
- And also line numbers, repetition checker, dynamic word wrapping, parenthesis highlighting, parenthesis completion, Unicode table, undo/redo, line change state, table editor
- Structure View which shows the logical hierarchy of a file and is interactively updated
- PDF Preview which shows the compiled PDF file and supports syntax
- Math Preview which shows the latex output of a single expression within the text
- Find in files dialog let you search in currently opened files
- Thesaurus which shows possible synonyms for a certain word
- HTML Converter which creates a html out of your LaTeX-based PS-file
- Text analysis counting and showing often used words or phrases
- Random Text generator which automatically creates a text similar to the one you wrote
- SVN support to synchronize local changes with the repository
- Automatic detection of MikTeX, Ghostscript and Standardlatex
- USB-Mode stores its settings in a texmakerx.ini (only if you create one!), so you can use the same configuration on different computers
On top of that, you can insert LaTeX and math functions and commands, insert bibliography entries and macros, use the undo and redo functions, along with line operations (e.g. erase, move, duplication), generate random text and clean auxiliary files. LaTeX packs many other features which allow you to analyze text, save profiles and the current settings for future use, among others.
System Requirements of TexStudio For Windows
|Operating System||Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Linux: Debian, Fedora
Mac: macOS X 10.10 and higher version
- Adobe FrameMaker
|Software Name||TexStudio Software For Windows V 4.04|
|File Size||120 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Developer||Benito van der Zander|
The program runs on a moderate-to-high amount of CPU and system memory, is pretty responsive to key strokes and mouse events, and includes user documentation. TeXstudio for Widows did not freeze, crash or pop up error dialog. This app should please all users who frequently work with LaTeX.