Sophos Antivirus software is a free for private and non-commercial use and unobtrusive macOS application that provides advanced protection against a wide variety of Mac, as well as Window threats in order to prevent the spread of malware.
You can also browse the web safely knowing that it will automatically check the website for malicious codes that could be harmful. In addition, you will be safeguarded against Internet-based dangers and protected from web-based viruses with Sophos Home.
By ensuring a direct channel to SophosLabs, the Live Antivirus feature is able to give the most up-to-date threat intelligence and eliminate all threats in a timely manner. This antivirus program gives you the option, once a threat has been identified, to either place suspect files in a ‘quarantine’ folder for further investigation or to quickly delete them from your computer.
It is possible to quickly access Sophos home antivirus for mac by using the menu accessible from the status bar, which appears when the program is running in the background. You are able to update the virus database, scan your Mac, and open either the Preferences or the Quarantine Manager from this screen.
| Read more: What are computer viruses and how it works
This software, which was built with an easy-to-use interface and powerful options, is a tool that provides complete protection for inexperienced users as well as professionals and businesses. This program’s primary interface is very straightforward, providing a simple method to begin manual scans, view files that have been quarantined, and easily configure your preferences.
From viruses, Trojans, worms to all sorts of identity thefts, your system will remain safe and in constant communication with the SophosLabs experts who offer constant upgrades and new virus definitions that can detect and quarantine even future threats. And all of that is offered to you for free.
Sophos Home features a minimalist interface that helps you scan your entire system or only certain drives / folders. Hence, you can create custom scans that can be run manually or automatically by Sophos Home for mac at the desired time and day.
You can include or exclude items from the scan process, schedule your scan at the desired time and day of the week and tell Sophos Home what to do with the detected threat.
You can also schedule multiple scans and update your existing database by accessing the Preferences window, you can enable or disable the On-access scanner, change the update frequency and set the path for the log file. You can also setup a notification system that displays alerts when a threat is detected.
| Read more: Everything you need to know about ransomware attacks
Sophos Home Antivirus Software For Mac Features
The highly appreciated and an award winning Sophos for Mac, protects against the most sophisticated viruses, malware, phishing, exploits, and ransomware attacks.
The home version is not only inexpensive but also straightforward to set up and simple to operate. It is powered by endpoint protection technologies that are enterprise-grade. Sophos Home offers a centralized dashboard with an easy-to-use interface, in addition to a thorough system scan, a firewall, and capabilities for security protection.
For computers running macOS, the advanced, next-generation web protection and virus cleanup features provided by Sophos Home Premium are available in both the free edition and the paid subscription version.
You can enjoy following features by downloading Sophos for Mac:
- Artificial Intelligence Threat Detection: Using predictive artificial intelligence and deep learning, you may identify and thwart previously unknown “zero-day” threats before they have an effect on your computer system.
- Real-Time Threat Prevention: Involves conducting investigations into behaviors and actions that appear to be suspicious in order to guard oneself against emerging dangers. Viruses, malware, Trojan horses, worms, bots, and other potentially undesirable applications can all be found and removed by Sophos Home (PUAs).
- Superior Protection Against Ransomware: Stop someone from encrypting your personal data and photographs and demanding a ransom for their release. The formidable anti-ransomware technology developed by Sophos thwarts the ransomware attack and restores the impacted data to as it was before it was encrypted.
- Advanced Malware Scan and Clean: Installing Sophos on your Mac in order to remove any traces of leftovers of malware, including viruses, Trojan horses, rootkits, and spyware, is part of the advanced malware scan and clean process. Following the completion of the installation process, the Mac version of Sophos Home will carry out a comprehensive system scan and cleaning.
- Remote Security Management: Select one person of the household to administer Sophos Home for Mac for up to ten devices, regardless of where they are located — in the same house, another nation, or even the world. Using any web browser, you can access the Cloud Management Dashboard to take care of security warnings, make changes to security settings, and run scans.
- Full protection from viruses, Trojans and worms: Stops all threats, even those designed for Windows. Not only is your computer safe, files you send to other computers are safe from threats too.
- Stops all threats, familiar and unfamiliar: Antivirus technology stops all threats, even if it’s something new.
- Quarantines and removes the threats it finds: You might not want to immediately delete any bad files scans find. No problem. You have the flexibility to quarantine questionable files and check them again later, or you can have them immediately removed from your computer. The choice is yours.
- Business-quality antivirus, backed by SophosLabs: The Sophos Company put the entire force of business-strength threat expertise behind Sophos Antivirus for Mac. That means you’re using the same product that protects organizations like Conair, the Paideia School and Miami Dade Public Schools.
- Easy installation and painless maintenance: They keep antivirus light and easy. Once installed, it’ll work quietly in the background, alerting you when it finds something nasty.
| Read more:- How to Uninstall Sophos on Mac
Pros And Cons
|Excellent for blocking malicious URLs and stopping malware||User account confirmation demanded every single time users open the interface|
|The User Interface is elegant and simple||This software does not support older Windows XP, Vista operated machines|
|This software is compatible with both Microsoft and Apple systems|
|Operating System||Mac OS X 10.13, 10.14, 10.15, or 11|
|Memory||At least 4 GB of RAM|
|Storage Space||Minimum 4 GB of free disk space|
Official Video of Sophos Home Antivirus
Sophos Antivirus Software For mac Overview
|File Size||220 MB|
You can enable or disable the Live Protection and Web Protection feature if you want to receive the latest updates and block the access to malicious websites and download.