How To Make A Photo Collage In An Instagram Story
The most popular platform for creating and sharing photos is Instagram. If you know how to use the available effects, you can create some fantastic images. You’ll learn today how to create Instagram photo collages that are cool. Simple and quick, the process only takes a few minutes. Let’s get going!
Creating an Instagram Collage on iOS and Android using Stickers
If you want complete control over the appearance of your collage, Instagram’s “Stickers” feature is probably the best option. Stickers may contain a mix of pictures, photographs, or already-built graphics.
You can pick and customize your background and choose or create images for the collage when you go into “Your Story” and select the “Stickers” option. The main benefit of this method is that you can include as many photos, images, or stickers as you like in your collage. You can freely move them around, resize them, rotate them, and overlap them. Cool collages are possible to create!
- Launch the “Instagram app.”
- Tap on “Your Story” at the top.
- To add the background, tap on “any displayed image/thumbnail” or select the “camera” thumbnail that is first on the list.
- If you chose the camera, snap a picture to make it your background. For a black backdrop, face your camera down on any surface.
- When the background loads, slide the bottom of it upward (not the entire phone screen) to bring up the “Sticker” options.
- To include an image as a sticker in your collage, select the “Gallery” icon, then choose one from the gallery.
- To include a camera photo, tap on the “Camera” icon, which will launch your front-facing camera.
- To use stickers instead of images, tap on them from the list.
- Next, resize and rotate each image using two fingers, then hold down on it and move it around wherever you want. You can layer images and add more if desired.
- If you need to delete a particular image, hold down on it and slide it down into the trash can icon that appears.
- Repeat “Steps 4-10” for each image/photo/sticker you want to add to your Instagram collage.
- OPTIONAL: When finished editing, choose how to publish your Instagram Story, such as choosing some close friends, sharing it on Facebook, or none to post it to everyone that follows you.
- When you’re ready to publish your Instagram Story Collage, tap “Your Story” in the bottom-left corner.
- If desired, you can edit your background in the first steps to make it pop!
Create an Instagram Collage Story using the Layout Option
You can create images using a variety of layouts and features, most notably the collage feature, using the Instagram Layout feature. However, you are limited to particular collage configurations that place a cap on the number of photos you can use, such as a 22, 44, 33, or 13 arrangement. Additionally, the feature prohibits the placement of images in overlapped or haphazard sections. The Instagram Layout option is perhaps the simplest to use, but it has some restrictions. Here’s how to use the Layout option to create an Instagram collage Story.
- Launch the Instagram app from your smartphone.
- Tap on the “plus” icon (add icon) in the top right section and select “story.”
- Select the “Layout” icon on the left-side vertical menu.
- Select your preferred layout, such as “13,” “44”, “33,” etc.
- Start with the upper-left section and pick your images there. Tap the gallery icon in the lower-left corner to add images, or press the white circle to take a photo with your camera. For each section of the layout, repeat.
- When finished with adding your images, tap on the “circled checkmark” to save the collage and move on to the next step.
- Your collage appears on the screen. Make further edits using the options at the top or tap on the “Your story” icon to publish it.
Other Ways to Add Photos to Your Instagram Collage
You can specify the source of the image when creating a collage on Android or iPhone using Instagram Stories. You can choose images from WeChat, Downloads, Facebook, and other folders that contain images you created in addition to adding a few photos and screenshots from your image gallery. To take your Instagram collage a step further, you can download images from an online cloud service and use them in your collage.
Third-Party Apps that Make Unique Collages for Your Instagram Story
There are only a limited number of editing tools available on Instagram for Stories creation. Consequently, you will require assistance from third-party apps with extra effects and options if you want to come up with something original. The most well-known photo-editing apps are listed below.
A Design Kit
You can add some life to your Instagram Stories by using the well-known app A Design Kit. To make your photos stand out, you can use a variety of stickers, backgrounds, brushes, textures, colors, and other tools. Your stories will be colorful thanks to the effects, and you can give your collages a distinctive flair to make them stand out.
Adobe Spark Post
You’ll get the resources you need from Mojo to make a distinctive Instagram Story. Use animated templates to wow your audience and clients and make a bigger impression. By adding effects, animations, colors, cropping, and other editing features, you can make them more appealing.
You can use animated templates in the app for both videos and photos. Create amazing Instagram Stories using your imagination to engage your existing followers and attract new ones.
To effectively engage your followers, it would be best if you put more effort into creating Instagram Stories. Users scroll through the majority of Instagram stories because of how similar they all look. More people will want to see your story if you add a few extra effects.