WinZip Self-Extractor – File Unzip Program For PC Download 4.0.12218
WinZip Self-Extractor is a powerful zip file extractor software that creates self-extracting Zip files. These Zip files are ideal for electronic file distribution, because they contain multiple compressed files, minimizing download time and ensuring that important files do not become separated.
This software allows the recipient to use a familiar Windows interface to decompress files without a separate unzip utility. Self-extracting Zip files can optionally run a “setup” or “installation” program, provided by the creator after the files are decompressed.
This type of program is highly recommended when you upload a file that you want to share with multiple users. The user interface of WinZip Self-Extractor consists of a wizard that carefully guides you to the desired results.
You can either create a standard self-extracting ZIP file or a self-extracting ZIP file for software installation. The difference is that the first one is usually suggested for text, image, video files and others, while the latter option creates a more professional appearance when users install an application.
In the following steps, you can enable the program to span multiple removable disks (in case one disk will not fit one file), input the source file (ZIP or ZIPX), and enter text to be displayed in a message box and in its title once the user initiates the ZIP file.
You can specify a default “Unzip To” folder, a command that will be issued once the extraction finishes, text for your own “About” box message in the ZIP file, and your own icon, but you can also enable the software to default overwrite files without prompting, unzip automatically, select language (English or German), and more.
|Operating System||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10|
Winzip Self-Extractor Zip File Extractor For PC Features
- Support for Jpeg Compression: Create self-extracting Zip files that contain files compressed with Jpeg compression, delivering up to 25% compression of JPEG images with no loss in quality.
- Support for LZMA Compression: Create self-extracting Zip files that contain files compressed with LZMA compression, delivering powerful compression for many file types.
- Support for WavPack Compression: Create self-extracting Zip files that contain files compressed with WavPack compression, delivering lossless compression of .WAV (audio) files.
- Support for Zipx files: Create self-extracting Zip files from .zipx files that are compressed with advanced compression technology.
- Unicode Support: To ensure international characters are displayed for filenames in a Zip file
- Support for Advanced Compression methods: Supports PPMd and Enhanced Deflate compressed files
- Icon Support: WinZip Self-Extractor supports icon sizes of 16×16, 32×32, 48×48, 96×96, 128×128, and 256×256. Vista png format icons are also supported.
- Administrator Options: The app allows you to specify the privilege level at which self-extracting executables may be run. The “Run as Administrator” option lets you create self-extractors that will prompt Vista users for elevated privileges so self-extracting software installation packages have the required privilege level to run on the new OS.
- Support for Advanced Encryption: Create self-extracting Zip files that contain AES, 128- or 256-bit key, encrypted files.
- Wizard-driven: The software is wizard-driven, which simplifies the process of building self-extracting Zip files.
- Customization: Easily create and customize your self-extracting Zip files.
- Customize software installations: The program can create self-extracting Zip files for software installation using custom icons and splash screen, set up and about box text, and can run .exe, .com, .bat or .inf files to facilitate software installation. Standard self-extractors can open any file type in its associated application.
- Span disks: A self-extracting Zip file created by the tool can span multiple removable disks.
- Invoke from Start/Run command: The app can be run from the “Start” menu’s “Run” dialog box by simply typing “wzipse32”.
- Self-extractors for software installation: WinZip SelfExtractor can create self-extracting Zip files for software installation that can run standard Microsoft-format .INF files as an alternative to “setup” programs and can clean up files even if the install process involves a reboot.
- Issue optional command after unzip: There is no practical limit on the length of the optional command issued by self-extracting Zip files after the unzip operation completes.
- International Language Messages: Self-extracting Zip files can be created with English or German messages.
[Software name] Older Versions
|4.0.12218||October, 1st 2020||2.99 MB||Download|
The program comes with a well-drawn help file. However, WinZip Self-Extractor is not a substitute for WinZip (i.e. it cannot create ZIP files). All in all, the software performs well the software performs well.