Google Duo for Android is marked by its video calling capability. In order to make a call, your friends should have this app. To begin a call, this app has a camera view or video call button. The list of recent and regular contacts, as well as quick-hit buttons, are the first things you’ll find on the GUI. The three vertical dots in the upper right corner are the buttons. Settings, aid, and input are the order in which the choices appear.
The Google Duo is really easy to use this tool. If you’re about to make a call, a contact screen will appear, allowing you to look up names and numbers, as well as invite friends to Duo. When the phone is ringing, the words “Smile! Knock Knock is on” will appear on the screen, along with the names of your friends. Since the Knock Knock function works, your friend will see who is calling on the screen while you are already being kept up. When you’re on a call, the interface will show a variety of keys. They are the audio source button, the mute button, the snap between the front and back cameras button, the video view button, and the call end button.
Features of Google Duo Free Video Caller App
- Make calls between Android and iOS: Whether you’re on your phone, tablet, or on the web, you can stay in touch with Duo. You can also share and join group calls with just a link.
- Group call with up to 32 people: Bring together all the people who matter most, even when you’re apart, with group calling. Duo now supports 32 people in group video calls.
- Bring everyone together with Family mode: Doodle on video calls and surprise loved ones with fun masks and effects that transform you into astronauts, cats and more.
- Capture special moments: Take photos of your video calls to capture any moment and share it automatically with everyone on the call.
- Send video and voice messages, photos, and more: Short on time or your friends can’t pick up? Leave a personalized video message with fun effects, or share voice messages, photos, notes, and emojis.
- Low Light Mode: Duo lets you make video calls even in poor lighting conditions.
- Voice calling: Make voice-only calls to your friends when you can’t chat over video.
Benefits Of Google Duo
More Fun With All Family Members
Google Duo’s new Family mode lets you doodle on video calls for everyone to see and surprise loved ones with fun masks and effects. The family mode also helps avoid accidental hang-ups and mutes by hiding those buttons while you play together.
Make Video Call With Effects
From putting on a pair of virtual heart glasses to channeling your inner dinosaur, new AR effects let you express yourself. These fun new effects change based on your facial expressions and move with you around the screen.
End-To-End Encryption While Video call
Whether it’s one-to-one calls, group calls, or video messages, your conversations on Duo will always stay private with end-to-end encryption.
Pros And Cons of Google Duo Video Calling App
|It is simple and safe (end-to-end encryption).||It cannot accept a call without a video|
|It offers the best video and audio quality.|
|There is a Knock Knock feature.|
Official Video Intro Duo App
Google Duo App FAQ
How To Make A Calls With Google Duo?
Start a video or voice call
Make sure you have the latest version of the Duo app and Android 7.0 and up.
- Open the Google Duo app.
- On the top, search contacts or dial a number.
- Tap Voice call or Video call.
How Can I Check Preview Video Calls with Knock Knock
When you call someone using Duo, the other person can see live video of you while their device rings if they have you as a contact. You won’t be able to see the person you’re calling until they answer.
Turn on Knock Knock
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Duo app.
- In the top right corner, tap More options Settings Knock Knock.
- Turn on Knock Knock.
How To Use Or Share Other Apps During On A Call
You can continue your Google Duo video call in a small window with picture-in-picture (PIP) while you use your phone. You can also share your screen to show photos and videos when you’re on a call.
- Open Duo.
- Start a video call.
- Tap your Home button.
- For Android 8.0 and up, the Duo call will continue.
- If your device doesn’t support PIP, your video will pause but you’ll still hear audio.
Turn off picture-in-picture for Duo
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Tap Apps & notifications Advanced Special app access Picture-in-picture.
- Tap Duo.
- Turn off Allow picture-in-picture.
How To Use Family Mode?
Google Duo’s family mode provides a better call experience when young kids are in a Google Duo call. Family mode hides in-call controls to prevent kids from accidentally hanging up or muting the call.
Most of the apps that give users the option of making video calls are also providing a host of numerous other functions as well, but Google Duo is different in this regard. The app uses only the front camera for calling, and you can only use the contacts in your address book. It is a one-to-one video calling encrypted communication app with various features of your supported device.