Facebook Messenger Desktop App is a newly featured software for the big screen and multiple people, but not more than eight. In this COVID-19 pandemic, they have so many problems that have come for the youngster and that people who are living outside from home and away from family, in this situation we can continue being connected to our family or friends through this software. Made for big screens and close connections. Get access to free texting, and high-quality voice & video chat built specifically for desktop.
“That definitely I feel is part of my generation: social networking, communication over the Internet, whether it’s Skype or IRC or some form of text-based chat, text messaging.”
Main Features of Facebook Messenger Desktop App
- MADE FOR DESKTOP, MADE FOR YOU: Type even faster, multitask while video calling so you never miss a moment, and stay connected with desktop notifications.
- GROUP VIDEO CALLS ON A LARGER SCREEN: Stay in touch with family and friends, join a workout, or host a virtual happy hour.
- SPEND QUALITY TIME IN HIGH-QUALITY: Host one-on-one meetings or bring the whole group together with free, high-quality voice and video chat features.
- GET THE GROUP TOGETHER WITH ROOMS: Send a link to group video chat with anyone, even if they don’t have Messenger. Host up to 50 people with no time limits.
- SAY ‘HI’ IN LOW LIGHT WITH DARK MODE: Cut down glare from your screen in low light situations, so you can stay in touch no matter when or where you are.
- EXPRESS YOURSELF WITH STICKERS, GIFS, AND EMOJIS: Tell your story with stickers, gifs, and emojis when words aren’t enough.
- SHARE WITH FRIENDS: With this latest Facebook messenger for the pc version, you can send photos and videos to keep your close friends up to speed. Receive files for even more productivity.
- NOTIFICATION: You can receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the chat you’re looking for. But you’re in control — you can choose to mute and snooze notifications.
- CHATS SYNC ACROSS MOBILE AND DESKTOP: You’ll never miss a call or message no matter what device you’re using.
- EVERYTHING YOU LOVE ABOUT MESSENGER ON A BIGGER SCREEN: Including Dark Mode and GIFTs.
- EASY TO CONNECT: You don’t need to know someone’s email or phone number since all your Facebook friends have Messenger
- MULTITASKING: Your chats are easily accessible, and you can pop in and out of the app while doing other things on your computer.
Pros and Cons Of Messenger
|Easy to use||The limited user connect on video calling
|Stable audio and video calls|
System Requirements Of Facebook Messenger Desktop App
|Operating System||Windows 10 version 10240.0 or higher|
Official Video Intro Facebook Messenger
The Facebook Messenger Desktop Software can only handle up to 8 group video call participants, as opposed to 100 or even 500 with Zoom. That means Messenger can’t support some of the new use cases that have emerged since people started to shelter-in-place due to COVID-19. It also doesn’t offer a way to easily share a URL that lets other people join a call, so it’s not useful for public webinars or social events. Thus we can say that this software is totally secure to use.