Godot Engine is an advanced, feature-packed, multi-platform 2D and 3D open-source game engine for Windows PC! It provides a huge set of common tools, so you can just focus on making your game without reinventing the wheel. Godot Engine for PC is completely free and open-source under the very permissive MIT license. No strings attached, no royalties, nothing. Your game is yours, down to the last line of engine code.
Breaking into the gaming industry is mostly about being creative and hardworking. However, it’s also about the software you work with. Designed for both 2D and 3D gaming, Godot Engine provides ready tools for creating games without having to build libraries from scratch.
It’s especially useful for those interested in learning about game development. This doesn’t mean it’s limited to creating simplistic games only. On the contrary, Godot Engine has a powerful and rich code behind it, allowing the creation of complex games.
Godot Engine Features
Extremely efficient paradigm for designing games
- Visual editor, full of mature tools.
- Uncluttered UI, with context-sensitive editors.
- Amazing scene system, supporting instancing and inheritance.
- Friendly content creation interfaces for artists, level designers, animators
- Visual shader editing for 2D and 3D.
- Persistent live editing (changes are not lost after stopping the game). Live editing on mobile devices!
Create any kind of complex 2D games
- Fully dedicated 2D engine, no hacks.
- Work in pixels as your units, but scale to any screen size and ratio.
- Custom 2D physics engine that works in pixel coordinates.
- Flexible kinematic controller for collision without physics.
- Blit 3D models as sprites into 2D.
Create great-looking 3D games
- Import 3D models from 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, and more with full animation.
- Skeleton deforms and blend shapes.
- Several light types, with shadow mapping.
- Render with HDR, anti-aliasing and linear color modes.
- Post-process fog, glow bloom, color adjustment.
- Support for Physically-Based Rendering planned for the end of 2016.
Most flexible animation system for games
- Animate 2D or 3D. Visual animation editor with the timeline.
- Frame-based or cut-out animation for sprites and rigs.
- Any property of any object can be animated, even function calls.
- Use custom transition curves and tweens.
- Helpers to animate 2D rigs, with skeletons and IK.
- Efficient optimizer to pack imported 3D animations.
- Animation Tree support for fluid character animation.
Add behaviors to objects with a built-in scripting
- A python scripting language, designed to make games with zero hassle.
- Built-in editor with syntax highlighting, real-time parser and code completion.
- Powerful integrated debugger and profilers. It can debug a game running on mobile devices.
- Integrated class documentation browser.
- Friendly C++ API to optimize parts of the game or extend any part of the engine.
Deploy games everywhere!
- Mobile platforms: iOS, Android, BlackBerry OS
- Desktop platforms: Windows, OS X, Linux, *BSD, Haiku
- Web Platforms: HTML5 (via Emscripten)
- One-click deploy & export to most platforms. Easy to create custom builds too.
The programming language behind Godot is pretty intuitive. To learn the code, you can analyze documentation on the developer’s website with scenes and nodes, instancing, scripting, animations, resources, and so on. There’s also a tutorial for recreating the classical “Pong” 2D game. Game developers who prefer the command-line interface will be happy to know there’s room for them too. Also, you can download a package with demos and tools provided by the team.
|Operating System||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA GeForce 6200.|
|CPU||Intel Core 2 Duo E8400.|
|Software Name||Godot Engine For PC Software V 3.2|
|File Size||128 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Developer||Juan Linietsky and Ariel Manzur|
Taking everything into account, Godot Engine For PC software offers a convenient solution for users interested in game development, which happens to be wrapped up in an open-source package.