CCProxy is an easy-to-use and powerful proxy server. This software can support broadband, DSL, dial-up, optical fiber, satellite, ISDN, and DDN connections, it helps you build your own free proxy server and share Internet connection within the LAN efficiently and easily.
What is a proxy server used for?
A proxy server provides a gateway between users and the internet. It is a server, referred to as an “intermediary” because it goes between end-users and the web pages they visit online. When a computer connects to the internet, it uses an IP address.
Is a VPN a Proxy Server?
A VPN is similar to a proxy, but instead of working with single apps or websites, it works with every site you visit or the app you access. As a proxy, when you visit a website after first logging into a VPN, your IP address is hidden and replaced with the IP address of your VPN provider.
CCProxy Server can act as an HTTP, mail, FTP, SOCKS, news, telnet, and HTTPS proxy server. It features powerful account management functions, including Internet access control, bandwidth control, Internet web filtering, content filtering, and time control. It also provides web caching, online access monitoring, access logging, and bandwidth usage statistics functions.
CCProxy is a powerful application that allows you to share your Internet connection to all the computers connected to the same network. The application creates a proxy server on the computer that is connected to the Internet and distributes the connection to the others.
It was initially designed for modem sharing within a LAN. The app Server has now been expanded to support sharing Internet connection for many other types, such as DSL sharing, cable modem sharing, wireless sharing, satellite sharing, parent proxy server connection sharing, wifi internet sharing, and more. If there is a computer within a LAN that can access the Internet, all the other computers within the LAN can access the Internet via this proxy server software. This could make great savings for your business in terms of hardware and Internet connection fees.
CCProxy Proxy Server Software For Windows Features
- Modem, Cable Modem, ISDN, ADSL, Satellite, DDN, WiFi, and so on are supported(more).
- HTTP, FTP, Gopher, SOCKS4/5, Telnet, Secure (HTTPS), News (NNTP), RTSP, and MMS proxy are supported.
- Port Mapping is supported.
- Web cache can enhance browsing speed. The size and refresh time of the cache can be easily changed.
- Bandwidth control flexibly manages the traffic usage of clients.
- Time schedules can easily control the clients’ online time (access time control).
- Web filter can ban the specified websites or content, It can also name specific websites for browsing.
- URL filtering prevents users from downloading files with designated extensions via IE.
- There are seven types of account authentication: IP address, IP range, MAC address, User Name/Password, IP + User Name/Password, MAC + User Name/Password and IP + MAC.
- Parent proxy function enables CC Proxy to access the Internet via another proxy.
- Dial-On-Demand, remote dial-up, and auto disconnect are supported.
- Access Logging can keep a full record of the Internet access log.
- It enables IE and Firefox to access the Internet through HTTP/Secure/FTP (Web)/Gopher. Learn more about how to proxy servers for IE and other browsers.
- SOCKS5 proxy support allows the use of ICQ, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, CuteFTP, CuteFTP Pro, and WS-FTP.
- Mail proxy supports Outlook, Eudora, etc.
- Supports NetTerm accessing the Internet via Telnet proxy.
- Supports Outlook connecting to the News server via News proxy.
- Support SOCKS5 and web authentication.
- Support for Real Player RTSP proxy and Media Player MMS proxy.
- Built-in DNS can resolve domain names.
- Windows 10/8/7/2008/2003/XP/Vista compatible.
- Bandwidth usage statistics.
The program was initially developed to share a modem connection but its functionality has been greatly expanded. Presently, the application supports most of the Internet connection types such as broadband, DSL, dial-up, optical fiber, satellite, and ISDN or DDN connections. There is no problem in sharing these connections even with computers with different operating systems.
You can easily configure the proxy services and the protocols that are provided to the other LAN computers. The user can simply check the service and enter the port number for services such as FTP and HTTP. These are settings that are applied to all the computers on the network but you can also customize the access to certain users.
The advantage of having a proxy server is to be able to differentiate the services that are available to certain groups of users. This function is very useful when you are dealing with large networks and a limited bandwidth that needs to be allocated to certain groups of users.
With this program, you can filter the websites that are available to a certain user and restrict access to the Internet within a time interval. Both download and upload bandwidth can be restricted by entering the maximum value. The identification of a certain computer is done by IP address and MAC address.
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10, and Windows Server 2016|
|Required Internet||Internet Connection.|
What’s New In This Version:
CCProxy 8.0 Build 20180914
– Optimized forbidden URL setting
– Optimized application performance
CCProxy 8.0 Build 20180523
– Change log not available for this version
CCProxy 8.0 Build 20180307
– Added support to add comments in filter files
– Added support to assign multiple filter files per user
|File Size||5.1 MB|
You can also share an Internet connection with the default tool from the operating system but the proxy server allows you to better control the distribution of the services among the LAN computers. Whether you need to share your Internet connection at home or at work you can try CCProxy, although it is available for quite some money.