When you plan on looking for the Best Gameboy Advance Emulators for PC, there are a lot of them. However, you would only want to use the ones that are functional and have some features that you can take advantage of. Anyway here are the top 5 of the best GBA emulators that you can use for the PC.
Best Gameboy Advance Emulators for Windows
Additionally, you can also install Bluestacks to emulate Android in your PC, using the software you can run a GBA emulator for android such as My Boy on your computer.
Visual Boy Advance
Visual Boy Advance or VBA as it’s commonly known is also one of the first fully functional GBA emulators for PC. It was introduced first in 2004, but since then many versions of VBA have been branched out, developed by different developers. The version of VBA, which you can download and use right away a would-be VBA-M, which is an all-new version for VBA emulator, that tries to continue on the legacy of the original VBA. Also, it has now nifty new features that were not available before on the old version.
VBA-M is compatible with the following platforms:
- GameBoy (GB)
- GameBoy Color (GBC)
- GameBoy Advance (GBA)
It also supports full save state features, which is very helpful to save the gameplay and also resume from where you stopped. Even better, you can also export the save files to other emulators and continue your gameplay on them. It comes with joystick support, full-screen mode, and more.
Boycott Advance is also one of the most popular and Best GameBoy Advance emulator available for PC. It is very simple with a simple UI, without many features. It requires BIOS support on your PC to run many GBA ROMs though.
Boycott Advance is having highly optimized CPU emulation. Also, it comes with full support for GBA video features such as rotation and scaling. There is an online version of Boycott advance, which doesn’t require you to download the application to your PC to run GBA games.
BatGBA emulator is the best and free Gameboy Advance game emulator for PC. This simple and light version emulator has many features and it will run very smoothly on all PC configurations.
BatGBA Emulator features
- BatGBA requires win9x or NT or 2000 or XP with direct-X 7 or later. And a BIOS image.
- A fast CPU (Recommend at least 800mhz).
- Sources are not available at the moment.
- Supports many kinds of ROMS and BIOS images
Higan is an open-source GBA Emulator for PC, which might also be one of the most advanced emulators in this list. It has support for lots of systems, not only GBA. It is also well known for emulating the original Nintendo systems with pinpoint accuracy with their advanced techniques.
- GameBoy Color
- GameBoy Advance
- Famicom (NES)
- Super Famicom (SNES)
mGBA Emulator for Windows
mGBA is the best Gameboy Advance emulator Pc. This can be available for many platforms such as Windows, macOS, Ubuntu, Nintendo 3DS, Wii, and PlayStation Vita.
mGBA Emulator features
- Compatible with the NES Classic series.
- 4 player Local multi-pack link cable support.
- Extensive hardware-based emulation.
- Solar sensor emulation.
- Tilt sensor emulation and Rumble Pak emulation for games.
- Support for BPS/beat, IPS, and UPS patching at runtime, including ROMs.
- Cheat code support and Save game states.
- Fast-forwarding and rewinding.
No$gba Emulator for PC
With No$GBA Nintendo DS and NDS emulator, you can play your favorite Gameboy Advance games on PC. No$gba is available in 2 versions which are the debugged version and gaming version. The main advantage is it can run both Windows and DOS Operating Systems.
No$gba GBA Emulator features
- Multiplayer support.
- Multiple NDs ROM support.
- You can play GBA and DS games.
- Controller Support.
- Good best Graphics support.
RascalBoy Emulator for PC
RascalBoy Gameboy Advance Games emulator is another best Game Emulator for PC. It has many interesting features also getting updates this will make RascalBoy Emulator more interesting. In size, it is very small and works fine and supports all kind of GBA ROMS. If you are a game lover you must try this on your PC.
RascalBoy Advance Emulator Features
- RascalBoy Emulator has multiple language support.
- Also, this emulator supports multiplayer gaming.
- Small size Emulator ().
- Cheat code supported.
- Easy to operate.
Best Gameboy Advance Emulators For Android
ClassisBoy Android emulator is the powerful all-in-one game emulator for Android devices, it supports a wide range of Games such as PlayStation1 (PS1), Nintendo 64 (N64), GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Classic (GB), GameBoy Color (GBC), and many more.
- External joystick support.
- Maximum 4 players support.
- Auto-save and restore game state.
EmuBox is the fast game emulator available for Android and runs all your old game ROMs. This is also, an all-in-one game emulator for Android that supports a wide range of games.
- Emulated GBA, GBC, NES, PSX, NDS games on Android.
- Multi emulator with the material design.
- Fast forward support.
- Save and load/restore a game from any state.
- Setting to optimize performance.
- Download Top 10 iOS Gaming Console Emulators for iPhone.
- 11 Best Cheap Steam Games Under $10 .
My Boy! Emulator
My Boy! is the best-paid GBA emulator as compared to many other paid emulators, it has 4.6-star ratings on the play store. And the most downloaded emulator for Android. It runs all Game Boy Advance games on almost all range of Android smartphones (low-end to high-end configurations).
- Fastest emulation and smooth performance across all devices.
- Integrated battery saving system.
- No BIOS file needed to play a game.
- OpenGL and normal rendering.
- Save the game at any stage and start from there later.
- Sync saved games to Google Drive.
- External controllers support.
The Zafiro Simulator – Glass Edition
The Zafiro Simulator is the ultimate free GBA emulator for your Android, it has 4.7-star ratings on the play store.
- Guarantee 60 fps on any old hardware configuration.
- Fastest emulator on any device.
- Fast forward and slow-motion.
- Save and restore the Game state.
GBA.emu is the paid emulator with advanced emulation features, it has 4.5-star ratings on play store. It has many built-in features and gives good performance across all devices.
- Based on VBA-M r1097.
- Designed and tested on Samsung, Sony, Nexus devices.
- No BIOS file needed.
- Cheat code support.
- Screen orientation support.
John GBA emulator is available in two modes such as paid and free versions. The difference between these two is free version contains ads and the paid version does not serve ads. Here are download links for both, also feature are listed below.
- Original GBA engine.
- Supports cheat codes.
- You can search Game files stored in the device.
- Save and restore the game state.
- Fast forward and slow motion.
- Sync to DropBox.
- No ads and no internet connection required (available in paid version).
RetroArch is the best opensource GBA emulator for Android devices. You can download and install it for free from below download link.
- You can remap keys as per your requirement.
- It supports cheat codes.
- Multi-language support.
- Timely updates.
GBC.emu is the open-source and advanced GameBoy (color) emulator for Android. It was tested on Samsung, Sony, and many other Android devices.
- Supports cheat codes.
- Backup and restore the game state.
- Works on any screen orientation.
- Supports Wii controls.
My OldBoy emulator comes in two modes one is paid and another one is free, the free version serves ads, and paid comes with full features with zero ads. It has a 4.6-star rating on Google play store and downloaded by many users.
- Compatible with all games.
- Battery saving mode helps to play a long time.
- Save games at any time and restore it later.
- IPS/UPS ROM patching.
- External game controller support.
- Remapping the game controller keys.
Conclusion of Best Gameboy Advance Emulators
These are the best Gameboy Advance Emulators for PC and Android. all the above-mentioned Game Boy Advance Emulators are available for multi-platforms such as Windows, macOS, and Linux. Try any of this emulator and share your experience here in the comment section. Thanks in advance, keep sharing, follow us on social media for more latest updates.