RetroArch Android Emulator is a frontend for emulators, game engines and media players. It enables you to run classic games on a wide range of computers and consoles through its slick graphical interface. Settings are also unified so configuration is done once and for all. RetroArch For Windows has advanced features like shaders, netplay, rewinding, next-frame response times, and more!
For those familiar with PS3, the main window of RetroArch is a copy of the stylish XMB menu. Games and emulated consoles are constantly being added to the application’s library and can be immediately downloaded and added to your own collection thanks to the built-in core updater. It can also load assets, cheat codes, artwork, and shaders, among other things.
It might be confusing at first to figure out how the app works. However, there’s the help documentation available. Basically, it comes down to selecting the console you wish to emulate a game for (via the core updater, such as Amiga, Arcade or Atari), independently downloading ROM games prior to running this tool, asking RetroArch to scan the computer for games, then picking a game from the main menu and running it (provided that you have chosen the correct emulated console).
RetroArch Android Emulator Features
A polished interface:
- Browse your game collection through a beautiful clone of the PS3 XMB menu.
- After scanning your collection, games will be sorted by the system.
- The menu supports thumbnails and features various animated backgrounds.
- This software can run on the usual platforms like Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- It also runs on Apple and Android for tablets and phones, as well as on game consoles like PS3, PSP, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U emulator and more!
- This advanced settings interface lets you tweak every possible option about how the games are run and displayed.
- Every set has a logical default so you can be up and running in no time.
- Common joypads are automatically configured when plugged in, just like a real game console.
- Ideal for multiplayer games when a friend brings their own joypad.
- You can also configure joypads manually to assign special actions to button combos.
- Shaders are efficient graphical filters that can greatly improve the rendering of old games.
- They can also be used to replicate the look and feel of old CRT monitors.
- You can even stack them to create your own effect. The possibilities are endless.
- Unlock achievements in your favorite classic games!
- RetroArch integrates with the RetroAchievements service to unlock trophies and badges like modern web consoles.
- Host or join a network gaming session.
- Rediscover the joy of multiplayer games using the RetroArch built-in netplay lobby.
- You can also use the spectator mode to watch others play.
Recording and streaming:
- RetroArch is able to record your gaming session to a video file.
- The same mechanism also enables you to live stream your games to platforms like Twitch.tv or Youtube.
Expanding app library:
- New programs are constantly being added to RetroArch’s app library.
- And with RetroArch’s built-in Core Updater, you can download new programs directly as soon as they become available!
Pros And Cons
|Emulates a wide range of systems||Extremely laborious to set up|
|Authentic retro gameplay||Not one for casual users|
What’s New In RetroArch Android Emulator
New Update (v1.8.3)
RetroArch Android Emulator now supports ANGLE on Windows and Xbox! OpenGL ES-compatible emulator cores for Nintendo 64 and Dreamcast now run on the Xbox One!
This along with many new cores for PSP, PS Vita, and 3DS, as well as plenty of bug fixes and new features, makes for another jam-packed release!
|Processor||Intel Pentium 4 and up (CPU with SSE2 instructions required)|
|Memory||32 MB RAM|
|Graphics||Any compliant OpenGL 2. x or Direct3D11 GPU.|
|Software Name||RetroArch Software For Windows V 1.9.0|
|File Size||208 MB|
RetroArch Android Emulator is resource-demanding and may not work properly on machines without a powerful GPU. Otherwise, it’s very easy to use once you get the hang of things. It’s surely an essential tool for any user who wishes to play classic games on modern desktops and consoles using a cross-platform emulator with rich downloadable content.
Download Software For Windows