VLC Media Player Download Free For Pc Windows 7/8.1/10/11 (32bit/64bit)
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework. VLC Player is a free, multi-format media player.
VLC media player is free and an open-source, lightweight, cross-platform audio and video player for Windows 10/8/7/XP, Mac (32bit/64bit), Android, iOS, and other platforms. This free multimedia player framework that supports MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, OGG, DVDs, VCDs, and numerous streaming protocols. Over 3.5 billion people have downloaded VLC player for windows 10 worldwide (2022 data).
VLC media player free download for pc contains a 12-band equalizer for fine-tuning sounds. This media player lets you listen to hundreds of free internet radio stations. It may also offer unicast or multicast IPv4 or IPv6. streams on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC player free download for Windows PC can play partial files, which is useful for evaluating video authenticity without downloading the whole video. It’s an easy-to-use, multifunctional media player.
You can also play incomplete files with VLC media player download for Windows Pc, which is very useful for checking the authenticity of any video without downloading the entire video. It is a versatile, user-friendly media player with a simple user interface.
VLC Media Player Download, Install and Use
Once you have download VLC Media Player for PC, you can enjoy seamless playback of audio and video content from various sources without the need for additional codecs. This versatile media player is equipped with an extensive range of tools and options that ensure optimal playback quality. Additionally, VLC Media Player for Windows supports third-party features and plug-ins, including web-based and browser-based functionalities. In this step-by-step tutorial, we will delve into the process of downloading, installing, and effectively utilizing VLC latest version on PC, empowering you to unlock its full potential for enhanced multimedia playback experience.
Step 1: Download and Install VLC Media Player
- Download the installer package for Windows / Mac OS / Ubuntu / Android / iOS from the vlcdownloads.com website. Double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- If prompted, select the download location. This will allow you to download the VLC settings file to your computer
- The VLC file will be downloaded automatically, so skip this step if you are not prompted for the download location
- Double-click the VLC configuration file that you downloaded. You’ll find it in your browser’s default download location
- When prompted, select Yes. Doing so will bring up the installation window
- Choose a language. When prompted, select the language for VLC Media Player from the language drop-down box, then click OK to proceed
- Three times, click Next. You will be directed to the installation page as a result of doing so
- Install should be selected. It can be found at the bottom of the page. Install the VLC Media Player on your computer.
- Start VLC Media Player. If you have properly installed VLC, you can run it right away by checking the Run “VLC media player” box and clicking Finish.
Step 2: Load The File After VLC For Pc Download
When it comes to using the VLC interface, it is fairly simple and straightforward. The first thing you should do is insert a video into the player.
To load a video into the VLC player, simply drag and drop the file into the program’s window. If this seems too difficult, go to the media menu in the top bar and then select open file. This will take you to a window where you can open files and select the video file you want to view.
When you’re watching the video, you’ll notice common video controls like play and pause at the bottom of the screen. In addition, you will be able to open video streams and discs in the VLC player.
Option 1 for Editing: Adjust Audio as Needed
The VLC player will provide you with adequate control over your videos. This includes things like changing the way your video looks or sounds.
To do so you will need to select the audio equalizer button on the bottom of the screen. The sixth button from the left will be this one. You can also access it from the menu by selecting Tools, then Effects and Filters.
To adjust the sound in your video, check the Enable box and then use the sliders to get the best sound. You will also have access to more advanced features via the Compressor and Spatilizer tabs.
2nd Editing Option: Synchronize the Audio and Video
When you’re adjusting your audio, you might want to check out the Synchronization tab. This section can be used to resolve the vexing problem of a video and its audio being out of sync. To help the audio line up perfectly with the picture, insert a pause in the audio or even bring it forward in the video.
After that, you can navigate to the Video Effects tab, which will be in the center of the open window. When you open this tab, you will notice that there are numerous controls. All of these controls can be used to improve the appearance of the video footage by changing the color, hue, brightness, and other settings.
There is also the option to rotate the video. This is an excellent option for videos shot in the incorrect mode, such as on a phone.
Editing Option 3: Include Subtitles
Subtitles are supported by the VLC player, which you can see while in the Synchronization tab. You can download subtitles directly if they are already present in the program you are watching through the player. Select the Download Subtitles function from the View menu.
4th Editing Option: Modify Your Viewing Preferences
You can experiment with your VLC player in a variety of ways. One of these methods is to change the way you watch your video.
The window mode is the default view for videos. You can easily change this view to full screen by going to the View menu and selecting Fullscreen.
You can hide those pesky video controls that may be distracting while watching your video by pressing control + H. You can even play your video as a wallpaper in the background of your computer, allowing you to work while watching. To do this, go to the View menu and select the Wallpaper option.
VLC Media Player For Pc Features
Simple, Fast And Powerful
- Plays everything – Files, Discs, Record Webcams, Devices, and Streams.
- Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed – MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3…
- Runs on all platforms – Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix, iOS, Android …
- Completely Free – no spyware, no ads, and no user tracking.
Fast – Hardware Decoding
VLC has hardware decoding on most platforms. It supports 0-copy on the GPU and can fall back on software when required.
VLC has the most complete feature-set over the video, subtitle synchronization, video, and audio filters.
Plays All Formats
MPEG Layer 1/2, MP3 – MPEG Layer 3, AAC – MPEG-4 part3, Vorbis, AC3 – A/52, E-AC-3, MLP / TrueHD>3, DTS, WMA 1/2, WMA 3, FLAC, ALAC, Speex, Musepack / MPC, ATRAC 3, Wavpack, Mod, TrueAudio, APE, Real Audio, Alaw/µlaw, AMR (3GPP), MIDI, LPCM, ADPCM, QCELP, DV Audio, QDM2/QDMC, MACE.
Play Internet Radio
VLC provides Internet Radio channels on its Playlist sidebar for you to browse and search for online radio stations. If the provided stations don’t interest you, you can play your favorite channel by getting the station’s URL and opening it using Media > Open Network Stream.
Audio And Video Effects
VLC media player for pc gives you a multitude of tools that allows you to editing video and audio of any given media. To see the tools available, go to Tools > Adjustments and Effects. From here, you will see tabs that contain the A/V manipulation tools. On the video side, you can adjust colors, crop, rotate video, add filters, etc. With audio, you get the usual equalizers to tune your music.
Add Watermarks On Video
You can add your own watermarks on video through VLC, bypassing a need for a dedicated video editor to do so. Do remember though that you will need to use VLC’s recording feature to save the video with the watermark.
Subscribe To Podcast
If you are looking for a very simple podcast subscription app, VLC can fill that need. You can use the app to subscribe to your favorite video and audio podcast and view them all within the app.
To subscribe to a podcast, got to the Playlist sidebar, under Internet, there is a Podcast option. Hover your mouse cursor over it and a + will appear. Click on it and add the RSS for your podcast. On the Mac version, go to the Podcast option and press Subscribe to add the RSS URL.
Ever wanted to have a video playing as your desktop wallpaper? There is a simple way to toggle this using VLC. Go to Tools > Preference. Click on Video and under the Output drop-down box, select DirectX (DirectDraw) video output. Save and restart VLC. The next time you play a video, an option will appear on the right-click menu under Video to play as a Set as Wallpaper. Choose it and the video will then start playing as your desktop background.
Play Archived Media Files
If you have a ZIP or RAR file that contains a media file, you can actually play them within VLC without extracting them. Simply open them with VLC and it will play all of the files contained within.
If the file is broken up into pieces, just open the first part of the archive in VLC, making sure all the files are within the same place. This is a good tip when you don’t want to waste space decompressing the video.
Scrobble To Last.Fm
If you are a heavy Last.fm user, you can scrobble the music you play through VLC. To enable it, got to Tools > Preference. On the Show settings radio box, click All. Click on Interface > Control interfaces and tick the checkbox for the Submission of played songs to Last.fm. Then, under Interface > Control interfaces > Audioscrobbler, enter in your Last.fm credentials.
How to make VLC as my default media player?
The default program is a program that Windows use to open a file when you double click on it. It is the first trace program that windows pick to open your files to make VLC a default media player. To open all your media files first of all have to make sure that VLC media player can open all the media files available on your PC.
Try this steps to set VLC Media Player as a default player
- First of all go to the start screen and launch VLC media player.
- If you don’t see there, you can type VLC in this text box and then launch VLC media player.
- Now, once it’s launched, go to tools and click on preferences.
- At the preferences, windows scroll down until you find a set up associations tab.
- Click on it and this will open another page behind which you can just click on it to sure it
comes to the front row, if any of these checkboxes is not checked, make sure that you check
- Now allowing VLC media player to open files the extension files.
- Check the boxes are selected so that we can assure that media player will open all these files.
- Now click on the check box and command on save button.
- After this, go to windows settings to ensure that VLC media player is set as default media player.
- Go to start media and click on default programs and select set your default programs.
- Now, select VLC media player as a default.
How to download YouTube videos with VLC Media Player?
1. Get URL from YouTube Video
2. Streaming to a file using VLC
3. Now, run VLC player, then select Stream
4. Paste the YouTube URL into network URL, then hit Stream button
5. Just click Next at the Source setup dialog
6. In the Destination Setup window, click Add
7. Put the destination file name
8. Click Stream button at the Option Setup dialog
9. Now, VLC is transcoding while doing streaming
How to Rip DVD using VLC Media Player on my Windows Pc?
Whenever you want to watch a DVD file on a phone or any other device but unfortunately it does not supports DVD player. By ethical use, DVD can be ripped onto a file and then get it to your iPad, phone, or any other device.
Steps to rip DVD using VLC-
- First of all put the DVD on the computer that is required to be ripped.
- Cut and paste it to the desktop.
- On the DVD menu, click media or file. Now click on open disk.
- You will select disk like bluray.
- Now, at the disk device stop playback and start it again at 0.0 second and chapter 0.
- Again you will go to playback menu and start again but this time set the time at 1 and
- This step is mandatory to make sure to rip the movie whole not just the menu.
- You can see the whole movie will be played.
- You are required to be at a stable chapter but keep on changing your starting position until you start once again at the beginning of the movie.
- Now, click on media and go to disk, now we are required to change the title to zero and whatever combination from above will allow movie to play can be used.
- Now, click on covert and save.
- Video’s format will be changed to mp4 format. You can also change the format for phone, windows, iPad, etc.
- Now, click on browse and save the file to my videos. Now, you can find the ripped movie on your file.
How to stream from VLC Media to Chromecast?
Vlc media player is an application with which yu can play all type of medias in your device. All formats are supported on this application. The app has many important tools that help in using most of it. The application can be connected to many other applications. One of them is chromecast.
- Now, VLC has started supporting Chromecast application and thus it allows you to stream from VLC to chromecast. Using this facility you can easily cast the media on your TV and watch it whenever you want. Follow below steps…
- The first thing you would need to ensure is that the PC and Chromecast you are using should be working on the same Wifi.
- Make sure that your Chromecast is working fine.
- Now open VLC player in your Windows. You would need to make sure that you are using VLC of 3.0. version as only that version provides you this feature to connect the chromecast to VLC.
- Now click on Payback.
- Move your mouse over Renderer, It will show you the list of all available chromecast devices.
- Choose the device you prefer to connect with your VLC.
It will connect your VLC to Chromecast. Now play the media file you want to cast on TV.
The VLC would be required to allow through the Windows Firewall in order to make it work on Windows.
How to use VLC Player as an image and Photo Slideshow Viewer?
To make VLC as image and photo slideshow Viewer you can simply drag the images and drop to the VLC;s interface or to the playlist using CTRL+L Window. This can be done for a single or multiple photos.
Where the users have a multiple files to be slideshow. As it is a collection of multiple files, drage and drop method would not work here. Users would need to manually select the images and drop it to vlc playlist. In short, users would need to select jpg files manually and drop them.
You can also use CTRL+O(open) method to open all media of your computer. After opening this window, browse the files. There is a drop down available saying media files. In this drop down choose all files. It will show all files including .jpg. Now you can select the jpg files and drop them to VLC.
Note: By default the time limit is set to 10 seconds to show each image on the slideshow. But fif you want to change this limit follow these steps-
- Go to Tools and then Preferences.
- To open Advanced preferences, click on All.
- Now go to Input Codecs>Demuxers>Image
- Change the time duration from 10 seconds to your preferred one.
- Click Save.[/vc_column_text]
VLC Media Player Older Versions
VLC Media Player Alternatives
- KM Player
- GOM Player
- DivX Player
VLC Media Player Windows Overview
English (United States)
العربية (المملكة العربية السعودية)
Čeština (Česká Republika)
Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional)
Bahasa Melayu (Malaysia)
Norsk Bokmål (Norge)
|Downloads||2 Billions (appr)|