Tor browser is a Freely distributed Application Software, released under BSD style Licensing which allows surfing the Internet anonymously, through its safe and reliable onion-like structure. Tor previously was called ‘The Onion Router‘ because of its structure and functioning mechanism.
Tor or “The Onion Router” is a service created to allow people to anonymously browse the Internet. It is a decentralized system that allows users to connect through a network of relays rather than making a direct connection. The benefit of this method is that your IP address is hidden from the sites you visit by bouncing your connection from server to server at random, in essence, losing the trail.
Moreover, the National Security Agency (NSA) aka International Spying Agency keeps track of our digital footprints. Not to mention a restricted proxy server, which again can be used as a data ripping server is not the answer. And most of the corporations and companies won’t allow you to access a proxy server.
So, what we need here is an application, preferably small in size and let it be standalone, portable and which servers the purpose. Here comes an application – the Tor Browser, which has all the above-discussed features and even beyond that.
Features of Tor Browser
- Cross-platform availability of this application is available for Linux, Windows as well as Mac.
- Complex data encryption before it sent over the Internet.
- Automatic data decryption at client side.
- It is a combination of the Firefox Browser + Tor Project.
- It provides anonymity to servers and websites.
- It makes it possible to visit locked websites.
- Performs tasks without revealing the IP of Source.
- Capable of routing data to/from hidden services and applications behind the firewall.
- Portable – Run a pre-configured web browser directly from the USB storage device. No need to install it locally.
- Available for architectures x86 and x86_64.
- Easy to set FTP with Tor using the configuration as “socks4a” proxy on “localhost” port “9050”
- Tor browser is capable of handling thousands of relay and millions of users.
|Program Install Support||Install and Uninstall|
|Operating System||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
|Title||Tor web browser|
|File Size||54.7 MB|
|Release Date||07 Mar 2019|
|Publisher:||The Tor Project|