How To Link Instagram To TikTok For Wider Reach
With TikTok, you can use your smartphone to record and edit brief videos. You can also add your favorite music to round out the experience. With 70 million daily users, the app has almost a billion users. It’s the ideal supplemental app for making Instagram stories unique from the competition.
Connect the Apps and Express Yourself
Connecting TikTok and Instagram will make sharing simpler for users of both apps. You can use TikTok and share your video directly to your Instagram account without having to save and upload the content separately by linking Instagram to TikTok. This implies that you’ll be able to produce original videos in a matter of minutes and share them instantly to your Instagram account. Your quick videos will make your online friends envious and curious about how you created them.
If you think this sounds interesting, continue reading to find out how to link these two apps on your device.
Adding Your Instagram Account to TikTok
If you haven’t already, you’ll need to download TikTok to your smartphone before you begin. After creating an account, you are prepared to integrate Instagram with TikTok.
- A thorough step-by-step procedure for doing that is provided below:
- Tap the Edit Profile button.
- Select Add Instagram.
- Log into your Instagram using the window that popped up.
- When prompted, choose Allow. Instagram will gain access to your TikTok account as a result.
Your TikTok and Instagram accounts are now connected. Now, sharing videos directly on Instagram eliminates the need to switch between apps, save, and upload each video individually.
Unlinking Instagram from TikTok
Repeating the first two steps will allow you to unlink TikTok from your Instagram profile at any time. Then, you can adhere to these guidelines:
- Tap on Instagram.
- By tapping Confirm, you can confirm that you want to delink your Instagram account.
What About Linking YouTube and TikTok?
You can also connect your YouTube and TikTok accounts. The steps are the same as for Instagram, but in step three, select YouTube rather than Instagram. Your YouTube account will now be connected to your TikTok after you complete the next steps as in the Instagram example.
You don’t need to resize or crop videos before sharing them on YouTube.
How to Upload Videos from TikTok to Instagram
You can easily share your videos once your TikTok and Instagram accounts are connected. Because it improves their analytics, some users prefer to share all of their videos on both platforms, while others only want to share with friends who use one of the social media platforms.
Here’s how you can quickly post a TikTok video to Instagram:
- Visit your profile on TikTok by opening it. After that, tap the video you want to share.
- In the bottom right corner, tap the three horizontal dots.
- Tap on the Instagram icon.
- You must choose one of the three Instagram options if you’re using an Android.
- If you would like to crop the video, select that option. Tap the checkmark that appears in the top right corner after that.
- When you’re ready to post your video, tap the checkmark in the upper right corner, adjust your privacy settings, and then add a caption and hashtags.
What to Do if You Can’t Share a Video
The aspect ratio is the main problem people encounter when attempting to upload a video from TikTok to Instagram. Videos on TikTok are vertical and have a 9:16 aspect ratio. The maximum aspect ratio for Instagram is 4:5. This means that before posting a video to Instagram, you will need to crop and edit it.
Here is what to do if you’re using a PC or Mac:
- Then, save the edited video to your device using TikTok.
- Then, launch your browser and click the Kapwing Resize Video tool. There are no downloads or installations because it is an online tool.
- Upload your video, then select Instagram as the publication platform. Your video will be resized by the tool to match the site’s suggested dimensions.
- To start the resize, click the Export button. Your device won’t crash or freeze because the procedure is completed in the cloud and only takes a few seconds.
- Once you’ve finished, download your video in MP4 format and post it to Instagram.
Google Photos is the simplest option if you need to resize your video on a mobile device. What you should do is:
- Locate your video in the Google Photos app by opening it. Next, click or tap the Edit button at the bottom.
- Tap Crop.
- Tap on the Aspect icon.
- Now, tap the aspect ratio that suits your needs.
One of the simplest methods for resizing your videos is Google Photos, as was previously mentioned. Most Android devices already have the app pre-installed, and iOS users can get it from the App Store.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I share my TikTok videos on other platforms?
Yes. Select the video you want to share, then click the “Share” button (it looks like an arrow bending to the right). From here, you have the option of sharing your video on Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and other platforms.
It only gives me the option to add YouTube!
Without going into the specifics and root causes of why you can’t link Instagram, just uninstall and reinstall the app to make the option appear. Before doing this, make sure you can log back in and that any drafts are saved to your phone so you won’t lose them.
Can I just add a link in my bio?
To make it easier for others to visit their website or social media pages, some users may prefer to include a link in their TikTok bio. The link can be added, but since it won’t be clickable, users will have to copy and paste it in order to access it.
Make Your Videos Memorable
It will take a little more than just applying filters and effects to produce an interesting short video for TikTok. If you want your video to go viral, you must think of something unique.
Consider your goals and practice using the tools at your disposal until you understand how everything works. Before someone reads your content, it will probably take you dozens of posts. Keep going; you’ll get your five minutes of Instagram fame eventually.