Edraw Mind Map is a free mind map maker with inbuilt templates and examples which are very easy to use. You can easily conceptualize your visualization on the computer and organize your work by using this maker. It comes with various embedded features like a smart drawing guide which makes mind mapping quite simple. You can create Mind Maps on Windows PC with this easy-to-use software. Edraw has some fascinating features and powerful capabilities, amazed by how fast it works, and satisfied with its simple user interface.
What is Mind Map Software?
A mind map is a graphical way to represent ideas and concepts. It is a visual thinking tool that helps to structure information, helping you to better analyze, comprehend, synthesize, recall and generate new ideas. In a mind map, as opposed to traditional note-taking or a linear text, information is structured in a way that resembles much more closely how your brain actually works. Since it is an activity that is both analytical and artistic, it engages your brain in a much, much richer way, helping in all its cognitive functions.
Mind maps are used to visualize, organize, and classify ideas, making them perfect for study aids, organizing information, problem-solving, writing and making decisions. It is also great creativity boosting tool. From your daily schedule to your life purpose, mind maps can be a great helper for you as explained here:
- supporting big size and multiple page mind maps
- inbuilt themes, effects, styles and so on
- automatic alignment
- compatibility with nearly every common file format
- easy to share
Edraw Mind Map Software Features
1. Specialized Design
Designed specifically and professionally to use the Mind Mapping technique for business purposes bringing clarity and focus to all daily tasks and activities.
2. Ease Presentation
The map explorer, the most commonly used function, enables users to navigate maps and move quickly between high level and detailed views of information.
3. Ease of Use
The most intuitive product without learning curve with the quickest and easiest mind mapping way.
4. Wide Range of Uses
From business to education, taking you from ideas to action in a more visual, productive and effective way.
5. Boost Productivity
Organize ideas and information in visual mind maps that help you see relations and draw conclusions quickly.
6. Ensure Project Success
Get visibility into every aspect of your projects. Show the big picture and view the details in context. Integrated Gantt view provides a unique and cost effective project management way for full time project managers and people who manage tasks and projects.
7. Enhance Communication
Use mind maps to organize and present in a visual format that improves understanding and retention.
8. Ready-Made Symbols in Edraw Mind Map Maker
Benefits and Uses
Basically, mind mapping avoids dull, linear thinking, jogging your creativity and making note taking fun again.
But what can we use mind maps for?
- Note taking
- Brainstorming (individually or in groups)
- Problem solving
- Studying and memorization
- Researching and consolidating information from multiple sources
- Presenting information
- Gaining insight on complex subjects
- Jogging your creativity
It is hard to make justice to the number of uses mind maps can have – the truth is that they can help clarify your thinking in pretty much anything, in many different contexts: personal, family, educational or business. Planning you day or planning your life, summarizing a book, launching a project, planning and creating presentations, writing blog posts -well, you get the idea – anything, really.
How to Draw a Mind Map
- Find out relationships – Use lines, colors, arrows, branches or some other way of showing connections between the ideas generated on your mind map. These relationships may be important in understanding new information or in constructing a structured essay plan. By personalizing the map with your own symbols and designs you will be constructing visual and meaningful relationships between ideas which will assist in your recall and understanding.
- Draw quickly on unlined paper without pausing, judging or editing – All of these things promote linear thinking and the idea of mind mapping is to think creatively and in a non-linear manner. There will be plenty of time for modifying the information later on but at this stage it is important to get every possibility into the mind map. Sometimes it is one of those obscure possibilities that may become the key to your knowledge of a topic.
- Write down key ideas – Some students find that using capital letters encourages them to get only the key points. Capitals are also easier to read in a diagram. You may, however, wish to write down some explanatory notes in lower case. Some students do this when they revisit the mind map at a later date while others write in such things as assessment criteria in this way.
- Put the main idea in the centre – Most students find it useful to turn their page on the side and do a mind map in “landscape” style. With the main idea or topic in the middle of the page, this gives the maximum space for other ideas to radiate out from the centre.
- Leave lots of space – Some of the most useful mind maps are those which are added over a period of time. After the initial drawing of the mind map, you may wish to highlight things, add information or add questions for the duration of a subject right up until exam time. For this reason, it is a good idea to leave lots of space.
Official Video Intro Edraw MindMap Software
Edraw mind mapping is an absolutely fascinating and rich software to create mind maps.