yEd Graph Editor software is a powerful Mind map, UML diagrams, Flowchart, and many other kinds of Diagrams, Graphs, and Networks editor that can be used to quickly create diagrams manually or import external data for analysis and auto-magically arrange even large data sets by just pressing a button. Create diagrams manually, or import your external data for analysis. Automatic layout algorithms arrange even large data sets with just the press of a button.
Main Features Of yEd Graph Editor Software
- Diagram Creation
- Automatic Layout
- Easy Data Import
- Impressive Output
1. Diagram Creation
yEd makes diagram creation easy and fun with its powerful features and intuitive user interface.
Ready-to-use Diagram Elements
yEd graph editor software comes with an extensive palette of beautiful, ready-to-use elements to get you started with your first schematic diagrams, including:
- A wide variety of shape nodes and edge types
- Group nodes that expand, collapse, and nest to tame large data sets
- UML elements for class and object diagrams
- Swimlanes and table nodes to which other elements can be added or nested
- BPMN symbols for business process diagrams
- Entity Relationship symbols and crow’s foot connections
- Flowchart symbols
- People and computer network symbols
You can also easily import your own bitmaps (JPG, PNG), vector graphics (SVG), or shape stencils from Visio® VSX files into the palette to create custom element types.
Clearly Displayed Data
It also helps you annotate and position elements for maximum clarity:
- Clearly label elements with icons, multi-line text, HTML, or even multiple labels
- Automatic label positioning ensures labels are clearly readable
- Elements can show tooltips on hover and open URLs on click
- Neatly align elements using snap lines and orthogonal connections
- Use the properties mapper to turn an element’s user-defined data into visual elements
- Use organic edge routing or orthogonal edge routing to re-route connections
- Let automatic layout algorithms do the heavy lifting for you
Intuitive User Interface
Editing diagrams in yEd feels intuitive and comfortable thanks to:
- Powerful search and selection tools
- Mouse wheel zoom
- Clipboard operations
- Extensive undo
- The ability to work with multiple diagrams simultaneously
- keyboard shortcuts
- Dockable panels that you can arrange to meet your needs
- Print preview, handy for poster printing
- English and German localization
- Configurable and persistent settings
- Integrated help
2. Automatic Layout
It provides powerful functionality for the layout of complex data sets. Its highly sophisticated mathematical layout algorithms can be used either to automatically arrange diagram elements or to support you when undertaking a manual layout.
- Hierarchical Layout perfectly visualizes hierarchical or pseudo-hierarchical scenarios
- Orthogonal Layout produces clear representations of complex networks
- UML-style Orthogonal Layout offers special support for arranging UML class diagrams
- Organic Layout clearly represents complex ER diagrams, UML diagrams, and more.The layout can be restricted to fit a given shape (e.g. rectangle, circle, ellipse) or aspect ratio.
- Circular Layout perfectly portrays interconnected ring and star topologies
- Tree Layout clearly visualizes tree-like structures in many different ways
- Radial Layout arranges the elements in a concentrical fashion and emphasizes tree-like structures in diagrams
- Domain-specific layout algorithms automatically arrange the elements in swimlane and flowchart diagrams.
3. Easy Data Import
Import from any of the following formats:
- GraphML, an XML format that supports arbitrary, user-defined element properties
- Excel® XLS spreadsheets, which can be easily imported using our wizard for comfortably specifying matrix and list-like annotated diagram data. Custom properties can be imported, too.
- GEDCOM, which contains the genealogical information
- GML, a popular text-based diagram file format
- Arbitrary XML runs through an XSLT stylesheet that transforms the input into valid GraphML. Predefined stylesheets for Ant build scripts, the OWL Web Ontology Language, and others are included.
4. Impressive Output
Once you’ve created a stunning diagram with yEd, it’s easy to save it to GraphML and to export it for use in print or on the web. Multiple File Formats
yEd can export diagrams to a range of graphics formats including:
- Adobe® Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Adobe® Flash® (SWF)
- SVG vector graphics, which support embedded URLs and descriptive tooltips
- Enhanced Windows Meta File (EMF), a vector format supported by almost all Windows applications
- JPG, GIF, BMP, and PNG bitmaps. Large diagrams can be exported as multiple images.
- HTML image maps with support for embedded URLs and descriptive tooltips.
- Encapsulated PostScript (EPS)
System Requirements Of yEd Graph Editor
|Operating System||Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 For 64-Bit|
|Processor||1 GHz processor or above|
|Memory||1 GB RAM minimum recommended|
Official Video Intro YEd- Graph Editor
YEd- Graph Editor Overview
Technical Specification Of yEd Graph Editor
|Software Name||yEd Graph Editor (V.3.21.1) For Windows|
|File Size||116 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
yEd Graph Editor Software is everything you need if you deal with complex diagrams on a daily basis. It can help in a variety of scenarios, for instance in decision-making projects, as well as in development-related activities where a logic scheme is needed.