WinToUSB is a reliable and user-friendly software solution whose main function is to assist you in installing then running a Windows OS from a USB stick.
The wizard-driven operation for intuitive configuration
Thanks to the wizard-style interface, you can easily perform this operation, even if you have little or even no experience in the area, thanks to the provided instructions. In order to install Windows on your USB flash or hard drive, you can use an ISO image, or a CD / DVD containing the required data.
This application enables you to use any edition of Windows 7 to 10 to create a Windows To Go drive, meaning you can connect it to any PC and run it, regardless of the operating system of the host computer.
Manage boot options and data source
Additionally, it can be booted on multiple computers; on the first connection, it automatically detects the system hardware, then downloads and installs the required drivers, so the next time it is connected to the same PC, it will instantly identify the proper tools. Because not all software supports running on such an operating system, it is advisable that they are tested initially, preventing you from encountering difficulties later on, when you might depend on that certain utility.
After opting for a certain ISO image or CD / DVD from which to extract the information, WinToUSB lets you choose the flash or hard drive you want to install Windows on. Subsequently, you can select the preferred system partition and the boot partition, then press the ‘Next’ button and allow the application to do its part.
- An easy-to-use wizard interface that provides step-by-step instructions for creating a Windows To Go USB drive.
- Creation of Windows To Go from an ISO/WIM/ESD/SWM/VHD/VHDX image file or CD/DVD drive.
- Clone an existing Windows OS (Windows 7 or later) to a USB Drive as a Windows To Go Workspace.
- Use of a Non-Enterprise Edition of Windows 10/8.1/8/7 to create Windows To Go Workspace.
- Creation of Windows To Goes on Non-Certified Windows To Go USB Drive.
- Support for creating VHD-based/VHDX-based Windows To Go Workspace.
- Support for creating Windows installation USB drives.
WinToUSB is a useful program that can prove quite handy in helping you create a portable version of your Windows operating system, requiring almost no effort on your part, simply a lot of patience for the utility to go through all the necessary steps.