Wings3D is a cross-platform utility that comes packed with several customizable options designed to help you build 3D models.
The program sports a clean and straightforward interface that allows users to upload items into the working environment with the use of the built-in browse function.
This 3D modeling software offers support for the following photo formats: BMP, JPG, PNG, TGA, and TIF, and gives you the possibility to import items from NDO, 3DS, AI, LWO, OBJ, PS, EPS, STL, or SVG.
You can choose from various preset objects, namely tetrahedrons, octahedrons, cubes, cylinders, cones, spheres, gears, tubes, grids, and others. The selected objects can be rotated, moved, and you can also choose the materials by adding a name and picking the opacity level.
You opt for a vertex, edge, or face mode, show objects with smooth shading or ground plane, and hide axes.
It is possible to pick a color for the edge and vertex display, highlighted objects, information text, materials, axes, and grid, select the rotation and pan speed, zoom in or out, and adjust the mouse speed for dragging, scaling, and rotating the objects.
Wings3D enables users to customize the application’s look by changing the color for the menu background and text, and dialog. When it comes to exporting options, you can save the generated project to NDO, 3DS, BZW, EPS, XML, OBJ, POV, and others.
This software proves to be a reliable graphics editor for creating 3D models by assigning textures, colors, and materials.
Wings3D 3D modeling Software For Windows features:
- Context-sensitive interface
- Configurable interface and hotkeys
- Wide range of Selection and Mesh tools
- Exports to common 3d file formats like .obj
- UV mapper, Vertex Colors, Materials, and Lights
- Standard tools such as Move, Scale, Rotate, Extrude, Bevel, Bridge, Cut, and Weld.
- Advanced tools including Sweep, Plane Cut, Circularise, Intersect, Bend, Shear, and Inset.
- Magnets and Magnet Masking
- Virtual Mirror for symmetrical modeling
- Tweak and Sculpt
- Edge Loop and Edge Ring selection and navigation tools
- Smooth Preview
- AutoUV: Add textures to your model using the AutoUV facility. AutoUV helps you cut and unfold an image of your model’s surface, which you can then export for painting and texturing.