Windows Server 2019 is the latest version of the server operating system by Microsoft, it bridges on-premises environments with Azure services, enabling hybrid scenarios that maximize existing investments. Increase security and reduce business risk with multiple layers of protection built into the operating system. Evolve your data center infrastructure to achieve greater efficiency and scale with Hyper-converged Infrastructure (HCI). Enable developers and IT pros to create cloud-native applications and modernize their traditional apps using containers and micro-services.
Windows Server 2019 can help your Datacenter modernization which is critical to support your business and deliver innovation, especially given the competitive landscape of today. Windows Server 2019 is also a requirement to use Remote Desktop Services (RDS) for Office 2019.
Windows Server 2019 Feature
Hybrid capabilities with Azure
With Windows Server 2019, Microsoft is taking another step towards cloud technology. There is a close connection to Azure, which is not only limited to the interface within the Admin Center. The Azure Network Adapter also connects the cloud computing platform to the local server. The service quickly establishes a VPN connection between both systems and with little configuration effort. It also includes features like Azure Backup, Azure Update Management, and Azure Site Recovery. Other tools that work through the cloud are directly aimed at security.
Unprecedented hyper-converged infrastructure
- Storage Spaces Direct (S2D)’s storage-pool size per cluster raised to an astonishing 4 petabytes!
- Improvements in such popular S2D functionalities as performance history, latency-based marginal drive detection, and mirror-accelerated parity.
- Hyper-V now supports persistent memory (PMEM), and Fujitsu PRIMERGY servers in the future, too, will support PMEM.
- Experience Evolve your data center infrastructure to achieve greater efficiency and security.
Advanced multilayer security
- Shielded VM now supports Linux OSs.
- Shielded VM’s Host Guardian Services (HGS), maintaining coordination among multiple servers, making it possible for VMs to keep operating even when one or several servers fail.
- Windows Defender Exploit Guard locks down devices against a wide variety of attack vectors and blocks behaviors commonly used in malware attacks.
- Elevate your security posture by protecting the data center, starting with the operating system.
Faster innovation for applications
- Enable the creation of cloud-native apps, and modernize traditional apps using containers and microservices.
- Significant reduction in container images and compatibility improvement for Kubernetes (i.e. management tools for Linux Docker).
- Windows Subsystem for Linux for Linux developers.
- Storage Spaces Direct
- Storage Migration Service
- Storage Replica
- System Insights
Windows Server 2019 Installation Step
Step 1: Download Windows Server 2019
You have two different choices here of accessing Windows Server 2019. The authorized number for the structure that is enumerated on the website is “Build 17623”. The fresh structure can be accessed through an ISO installer together with a VHDX hard disk that can be utilized in Hyper-V.
Step 2: Install Windows Server 2019 Through The ISO Option In VMware
- To do this, you can make use of the virtual machines presented below:
- Windows Server 2016X64 bit VM
- ESX 6.5 hardware compatibility level
- We have presented below clear-cut and easy to understand screenshots of the Windows Server 2019 “17623” build through an ISO integrated into a VMware VM.
Step 3: Click To Open Window Setup, Select Language Option And Click Next
- By clicking and opening the Windows Setup, the Windows server’s page displays options for you to select your preferred language.
- The first page of Windows Server 2019 that opens during the installation through ISO in VMware
Step 4: Click On The “Install Now” Tab
After choosing your language option and clicking next, a new page opens with the “Install now” tab, click on install now to begin installation from the ISO.
Step 5: Choose the Operating System To Install
You have the option to select from two Windows Server 2019 versions. You can either select the standard windows server or the windows server, Datacenter. When you have selected your preferred operating system from the list, click next.
Step 6: Accept the License Terms
Clicking next after the last step takes you to application notices and license terms page. Click on the tab below the page to accept the terms and conditions.
Step 7: Choose Your Installation Location
After accepting the license terms and clicking next takes you to where you would need to select the location you want to save the windows you are installing as shown in the screenshot below:
Step 8: Begin the Installation Of Windows
After choosing the installation location and clicking on the next tab, you’ll be taken to the installation window, select the option; “Copying windows files” This will start the installation of windows.
Installation time varies depending on available memory,
As per standard Microsoft practice system restarts once the installation is complete,
Creating a password for the administrator,
Finally, the server is ready to use.
Windows Server 2019 vs. 2016
The current version of Windows Server 2019 improves on the previous Windows 2016 version in regards with better performance, improved security, and excellent optimizations for hybrid integration.
|Feature||Windows Server 2016||Windows Server 2019|
|Windows Admin Center||√||√|
|Windows Defender ATP||x||√|
(also for Linux)
|Encryption between VMs||x||√|
|Storage Migration Service||x||√|
|Storage Space Direct||√||√
(only Datacenter Edition)
|Internet Storage Name Service||√||x|
|Remote Desktop Connection Broker / Virtualization Host||√||x|
Windows Server 2019 Pros and cons
|Beginner-friendly, intuitive operations through a graphic user interface||High licensing costs, which increase with each user|
|Drivers for up-to-date hardware are quickly and easily available||Often security-related errors|
|Supports a large number of third party applications||Vulnerable to malware|
|Easy and optional automatized system updates||Resource intensive (particularly due to mandatory GUIs)|
|Possible to solve technical problems via a system recovery||Large user error potential|
|Compatible with exclusive and popular Microsoft programs like SharePoint or Exchange||Not suitable as a multi-user systems|
|Guaranteed long-term support||The way the proprietary system works is not completely disclosed|
|Processor||1.4 GHz 64-bit processor|
|disk space||32 GB|
|Network adapters||Gigabit (10/100/1000baseT) Ethernet adapter|
|Optical Storage||DVD drive (if installing the OS from DVD media)|
|Video||Super VGA (1024 x 768) or higher-resolution (optional)|
|Input Devices||Keyboard and mouse (optional)|
|Internet||Broadband access (optional)|
|Title||Windows Server 2019|
|File size||4.4 GB|
|Requirement||Windows 64 bit|
|Date added||2 October 2018|