WavePad Audio Editor tackles the audio editing software category and is addressed to everyday users, as well as small production studios. It is bundled with a wide array of processing tools and effects in order to carry out complex audio mastering tasks, while it can also be used for voice recording and CD burning.
Ad-riddled setup and tabbed interface
The installation process is easy to follow and ends in a few seconds, yet you should know it offers to download multiple third-party products.
The user interface is elegant and professional, yet intuitive and accessible. It comprises a navigation panel, a menu bar, and a tabbed ribbon, all of which facilitate your access to the entire palette of features and tools. Help contents are also enclosed, as well as some YouTube video tutorials.
Extensions supported and use a compressor, amplifier, and equalizer
WavePad Audio Editor supports all commonly used audio formats (e.g. WAV, MP3, WMA, AIFF, AU, MID, WMV, MPG, AVI, APE, etc.), so working with a particular one should not be difficult.
Working with this program includes tackling an amplifier, normalizer, compressor, equalizer, multiple chain effects, and commands like reverse, fade, speed, cleanup, and voice. It is also possible to change the speed and pitch, apply a telephone or AM radio effect, use a text-to-speech feature, and several others.
Convert multiple songs, audio record and burn your results to CDs
A sound library and several playback controls (e.g. play, stop, go to next, rewind etc.) are also put at your disposal, while you can find a peak in a selected part of a song and start recording audio input. Furthermore, it is possible to split, join, duplicate and copy selections, as well as insert silence and reduce noise.
A small setback is that it takes a little time to apply changes, during which you cannot work with other features of the software. Once you are done playing with the tracks, you can save your progress or burn the files to audio CDs and share them with your friends.
WavePad Audio Editor Features:
- Supports a number of file formats including wav (multiple codecs), mp3, vox, gsm, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg and many more.
- Sound editing functions include cut, copy, caste, delete, insert, silence, auto-trim and more.
- Audio effects include amplifying, normalize, equalizer, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse, sample rate conversion and more.
- Tools include spectral analysis (FFT) and speech synthesis.
- Audio restoration features including noise reduction and clicks pop removal.
- Supports sample rates from 6000 to 96000Hz, stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24 or 32 bits.
- Ability to work with multiple files at the same time on separate screens.
- Includes its own CD ripper with ‘ultrafast ‘rip mode and cddb music database lookup.
- Links directly to the Express Burn CD Recorder to burn your sound files to CD.
- Recorder supports auto trim and voice-activated recording.
- Easy to use interface will get you started running.
In addition to that, this utility also provides the possibility to analyze sound frequencies (FFT and TFFT) and encompasses an efficient batch audio converter which allows you to convert multiple audio files to various formats.
To conclude, WavePad Audio Editor proves to be an efficient and reliable piece of software, which is suitable for all types of users. The response time is not always top-notch, yet the computer’s performance is not going to be hampered as CPU and memory usage is low most of the time.
Download Software For PC