Visual Boy Advance is a game emulator that can emulate all the games that were available on the Nintendo handheld consoles and is capable of supporting 1487 kb flash. The application also applies automatic IP patches to the games.
The GameBoy and GameBoy Advance emulator provided by this application are pretty accurate for an emulated environment.
What is Visual Boy Advance(VBA)?
The VBA emulator is vulnerable to arbitrary code execution through a feature that allows the importation of cheat codes from files, which isn’t protected against buffer overrun. By importing a malicious XPC file (usually containing a list of GameShark cheat codes), VBA and VBA-RR can execute arbitrary code contained within the file.
If you have the ability to emulate any game that was ever made for the Nintendo handheld gaming console. so, then you’ll want the Visual Boy Advance application. It is a gaming emulator for these consoles which not only supports up to 1487KB of flash, but it also features automatic IP patches for these games as well.
This application includes PC Game Emulator and Classic Gameboy game emulation too. Your games will run accurately in the innovative emulated gaming environment.
Visual Boy Advance Features
VisualBoyAdvance sports the following features:
- Compatibility with Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance ROMs
- Import/export feature of native saved games from and to other emulators
- Full save state support
- Joystick support
- Super Game Boy and Super Game Boy 2 border and color palette support
- Game Boy Printer emulation
- Real-time IPS patching (used mostly to play fan translations)
- Hacking and debugging tools, including loggers, viewers, and editor The SDL version also includes a Game Boy Advance debugger
- Auto-fire support
- Speed-up key
- Full-screen mode support
- Screen capture support
- Full support for GameShark for Game Boy Advance and Code Breaker Advance cheat codes (Windows version only)
- Audio (WAV) and video (AVI) recording also allows recording in a proprietary video format only supported by VisualBoyAdvance and its forked versions
- Graphic filters to enhance display: 2xSaI, Super 2xSaI, Super Eagle, AdvanceMAME, Pixelate, and Motion blur
- GUI skinning support
In addition, Visual Boy Advance-M adds the following:
- HQ3x / 4x pixel filters
- Gameboy linking, over LAN and Internet
The installation of the tool won’t be hard at all. If you can spare a few megabytes of space on your hard drive, then you’ll be okay. With that being said, newer computer systems have reportedly crashed when trying to run this app. Older computer systems are recommended.
You might come across a few display issues, such as images not appearing correctly on your screen. However, there is still no better emulation application for running the classic GameBoy environment on your computer system than the Visual Boy Advance (VBA).
|Operating System||Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Window 10|
|Storage Space||100 MB|
|Graphics Driver||DirectX 8|
Official Video Intro Visual Boy Advance
Visual Boy Advance Overview
|Software Name||Visual Boy Advance Emulator For Windows V 1.8.0|
|File Size||659 KB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
This is not a complicated application to operate. If you’re a beginner, then you should take the time to learn the basics of the GBA emulation environment before using this tool.