The success of a company lies in efficient teamwork and a seamless communication network within the team. Owing to the needs of the modern workplace and the digitization of workflows, teams require stronger team collaboration tools, enabling them to manage their day-to-day tasks more smoothly. You need to find yourself a more technologically advanced tool in order to keep up with the trends and to tick off your to-dos much faster.
Team collaboration software facilitates effective communication between team members by offering them a comfortable and informal space to discuss various matters. Having a convenient workspace for communicating with each other helps to complete projects on time. Moreover, a team collaboration tool is often used in tandem with project management applications to increase productivity at the workplace, thus opening doors to the prosperity of an organization.
What You Should Look for in Team Collaboration Software?
Before investing in any application, choosing the right one as per your work requirements is essential for working more economically and cost-effectively. Here are some of the top must-haves that you must look for in a team collaborating platform –
- Your software must provide real-time collaboration to ensure that every team member is on the same page.
- You must be able to schedule all your tasks, which will help you to keep track of your team’s progress in a particular project.
- You should be able to share all your essential files on-the-go with each of your teammates.
- An ideal team collaboration software should not be too heavy and must have a simple and intuitive UI so that beginners can get started easily.
- Make sure your application can fit in the maximum number of people so that large teams can communicate seamlessly.
- You must be able to see real-time changes made or the comments and feedback provided by each team member while working on a project.
- Your team collaboration platform should have the provision for allowing multi-access and authority levels based on the hierarchy in your team.
- Security is the key to the success of every effective communication and you need to make sure that all your important business data is well-protected and encrypted.
- Team collaboration software should integrate with other third-party applications smoothly to help manage overall project management operations easily.
Troop Messenger is an instant messaging app designed for businesses, enabling them to make group discussions and conduct video conferencing sessions seamlessly. With features like group messaging, screen sharing and third-party integrations, Troop Messenger is a must-have for all your team collaboration needs.
Unique Features of Troop Messenger
- One-on-one as well as Group messaging
- HD video calling and video conferencing
- Audio calling and Audio messaging
- Screen sharing and desktop sharing
- Insightful analytics for monitoring your data usage
- End-to-end encryption and Private Chat, protecting all your interactions and files
- Secure and fast information exchange
- Works in low-internet bandwidths
- Add multiple suppliers/vendors with restricted authority or access
- Integrates seamlessly with applications like Dropbox, Google Drive, and LDAP
- Archive your data
- Unlimited and smooth access to the chat history
- Fork out (sending a single message to multiple groups as well as multiple users at one go).
Slack is an efficient collaboration software that enables teams to bring agility to their workflows. It offers a single platform for all your messaging, file sharing and team interaction needs, thus streamlining your work and projects. In Slack, teamwork happens in channels, allowing every team member to save time and boost productivity.
Unique Features of Slack
- Organized conversations by dividing channels into projects, teams, clients for anything else that is relevant to one’s organization.
- Team members can easily join or leave channels as and when required.
- Threads help team members to stay on the same page, without derailing from the project or topic.
- Face-to-face/Face-to-screen voice and video calls.
- Integrated file sharing through drag and drop feature. You can share images, documents, videos and other files directly.
- Archive your progress.
- Get valuable feedback from other teammates.
- The Slack App Directory features 2000+ apps. It helps to integrate with third-party productivity tools seamlessly, including Google Drive, Dropbox, Asana, Trello, Zoom, Salesforce, Jira, Zendesk, GitHub, Marketo, and many others.
- Configure Slack by tailoring it as per your team’s requirements using Slack API.
- Encryption of data and interactions.
Troop Messenger vs. Slack Comparison Table
|Audio & Video Calls||Yes||Yes|
|Live Location Tracking||Yes||No|
|Unlimited Workspaces/Accounts||Yes||Yes (Paid)|
|Unlimited Message Search||Yes||Yes (Paid)|
|Storage||Premium: 150GB per Account
Enterprise: 1TB per Account
|Standard: 10GB per User
Plus: 20GB per User
Enterprise Grid: 1TB per User
|Compatible OS||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS|
Which to Choose?
In short, if you have a large team, Troop Messenger might be suitable for you, as it comes with more advanced features and larger storage capacity. Moreover, it is also designed with a friendly UI, which the beginners might find quite impressive. Additionally, it comes at affordable price plans and hence, is good for start-ups who are looking for more cost-effective team collaboration solutions.
However, some professionals might find Slack more productive, since it allows users to create different channels to keep things organized. It also comes handy for teams that are distributed across various geographic locations, having separate time zones. Besides, the best thing about Slack is that it features a Slack App Directory through which you can integrate with over 2000 other third-party applications. This is definitely a plus point over Troop Messenger, which has support for a limited number of third-party app integrations.
With the above comparative guide, it might be easier for you to choose the right one. Both Troop Messenger and Slack have their own benefits and are built to make way for efficient communication within the team. However, apart from the above, it is also imperative that you take other factors into consideration, such as pricing plans, long-term benefits and customer reviews to aid you in your decision.