TinyWall is a free software to harden and control the advanced firewall built into modern Windows systems. When you will connect your PC With the Internet at that time some of the utility programs that perform operation like to protect your PC against the virus, malware, spamming, and a firewall. Here Firewall makes safe from ad blocking site, spamming site, ransomware attacks, and malware attacks.
Choose your connection type
Such a tool is TinyWall, a lightweight app whose main purpose is to block malicious processes and prevent insecure connections. The simple interface makes it easy to configure the software, but the way in which it works, by blocking all connections from the get-go, may bring it a lot of dislikes, at least after the first hours of usage.
The main rule you will have to follow when this tool is installed and running onto your system is that if you notice a certain program that requires network or Internet access/connectivity is not working properly, check the firewall.
Create a list of allowed and denied items
You can add all verified and trusted applications to the exceptions list you will find in the ‘Settings’ area of TinyWall. In fact, there are two such lists, the other one being for ‘Special Exceptions’ which apply to the whole system.
Thus, you will be able to give the green light for certain software to receive and send data through the available connections, while also enabling or deactivating supplementary network traffic features. These include file and printer sharing, Windows network discovery, Windows update, Windows Remote Desktop or Remote Assistance to name just a few.
The monitoring capabilities of TinyWall will make it possible for you to view the running processes, the ports and protocols they use as well as the destination and remote address. It is also possible to check out the apps that were blocked in the last couple of minutes by the firewall.
- Non-intrusive operation: TinyWall lets you work while protecting you. No annoying popups and simple configuration.
- Lightweight: Using the advanced Windows Firewall built into newer Windows versions, TinyWall’s performance impact is neglible.
- More than just a controller: Password lock, firewall tinkering protection and built-in tight firewall rules make TinyWall secure.
- Safe operation: No drivers or kernel-components are installed, which keeps your system stable.
- Convenient: Firewall modes and lots of other convenience features make TinyWall extremely easy to use for anybody.
Other related features firewall:
- Multiple and easy ways to whitelist programs
- Automatic learning mode
- Firewall tampering protection
- Password lockdown of settings
- Quick modes, like Normal protection, Allow outgoing, Block all, Allow all and Learning mode
- Support for temporary/timed firewall rules
- Port and domain blocklists
- Hosts file protection
- Option to always allow communication within LAN
- Option to restrict an application to the LAN
- Recognition of safe software and impostors
- Full IPv6 support
- The list established and blocked connections
- View open ports on your machine
Tinywall Firewall Pros and Cons:
|Extremely lightweight on RAM: Uses surprisingly low memory, making it the best choice for systems with little RAM.||The GUI needs improvement|
|Working With Windows: It works on all Windows OS that exists in the system.||The easiest way to train Tiny Wall is insecure|
|Stores its settings in the Roaming directory||Breaks Windows Network discovery and File and Printer Sharing|
Tinywall Firewall Technical Specification:
|Software Name||Tinywall Firewall Software|
|File Size||1.14 MB|
|Operating System||Windows 10/ Windows 8/ Windows 7|
|Framework||.NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 SP1|
It is clear that TinyWall can be a great helper, but it is most useful for users who are not bothered by numerous trips to the settings zone where exceptions upon exceptions must be created to have all the installed programs function without glitches.
Download Software For PC