TagScanner is an advanced music organizer that comprises a large array of configuration settings for renaming audio tracks and other types of files in the batch mode according to your custom-made set of rules.
Resourceful song manager for files and tags
It can rename and edit tags, as well as generate playlists, among other features. The app offers support for a wide range of audio file types and tag formats.
After a brief and uneventful setup operation, you are greeted by a large window with a well-structured layout and lots of settings displayed, so you can take your time and explore everything.
Apply scripts and indicate naming rules
It is possible to transform text by converting text or replacing words, characters and symbols with something else, or define a new pattern for file renaming by assigning placeholders, such as album, artist, composer, and comment.
All these rules are added to scripts, and you can create and apply multiple scripts at once, depending on the type of operations. You can either resort to predefined scripts, edit their properties, or put together new ones with new naming patterns.
Preview file changes, auto-generate tags, export data, and more
Before asking TagScanner to apply the new modifications, you can preview results in a separate area and carefully study information to make sure you’re satisfied with the new tag or file names.
TagScanner also implements tools for generating tags after retrieving music information from file and folder names. It lets you create and save playlists, as well as export the lists to external files with various extensions. Cover art may be imported and exported, while songs can be loaded in an integrated basic audio player. These are just part of the options provided by this comprehensive software utility.
TagScanner Music Tag Editor Software Features:
- Rename files based on the tag and file information
- Powerful multiple files tag editor
- Import tag information and album art from online databases like freedb or Amazon
- Generate tag information from file/folder names
- Tag fields formatting and rearrangement
- Words replacement and case conversion from tags and filenames
- Supports MP3, OGG, FLAC, WMA, MPEG-4, Opus, Musepack, Monkey’s Audio, AAC, OptimFROG, SPEEX, WavPack, TrueAudio, WAV, AIFF, Direct Stream Digital files
- Supports ID3 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4 tags, APE v1 and v2 tags, Vorbis Comments, WMA tags and MP4(iTunes) metadata
- Supports for embedded lyrics and cover art
- Resize cover art for portable devices on the fly
- TAGs versions conversions
- Quick playlists creation
- Export information to HTML, XML CSV or any user-defined format
- Full support for Unicode
- Multilanguage interface
- Built-in audio player
- MusicBrainz Picard
- Album Art Downloader
- Amvidia Tag Editor for Mac