Stride app is a cloud-based team business collaboration and communication tool by Stride Atlassian, it’s launched on 7th September 2017 to replace the early version of HipChat. Stride brings team communication and collaboration to a new level by this perfectly designed app that supports group chat, direct messaging, video calling and chat, screen sharing and many more useful features.
Stride App – Work better, together
• Express yourself and show some personality with custom emoticons and message formatting.
• Point to exactly what you mean by annotating any image you send.
• Bring your team and your apps together with rich integrations. Unplug and Get Work Done.
• Focus mode lets everyone know when you’re headed down on something that requires your complete attention.
• Customizable status settings empower you to unplug when necessary. Connect with Anyone, Anywhere with Stride Meetings
• Bring all the right people together instantly with built-in voice and video conferencing.
• Quickly add any of your coworkers with sharable meeting URLs and guest access.
– When you sort your chats list by drag and drop, you can now show chatrooms and direct messages together in the chats list. To try it out, open the left drawer and sort your chats under Chat list sorting.
– When you uploaded files from the paperclip or the photo gallery, the progress bar didn’t show any progress.
It is compatible with all major desktop and mobile OSes like Windows, macOS, Linux, and, respectively, iOS and Android.
Stride app Features
- Unlimited group chat rooms
- Unlimited one-on-one messaging
- Unlimited users
- 10 apps for bots
- File sharing
- 5 GB file storage
- Group voice and video calling
- Up to 25000 searchable message history
Premium version available by just $3/user/month offers unlimited storage and users, group chat rooms, file sharing and storage, apps, and history retention.
As per the latest info, Atlassian has sold its HipChat and Stride to Slack for an undisclosed amount.