Sophos Endpoint Security and Control can get in control of your computer security, by intensively monitoring the desktop and online activity of your OS. Its anti-spyware and anti-adware modules, together with the strong encryption technology and application control make it a reliable choice.
Protecting your computer with powerful antivirus software is no longer optional. Due to the growth of the virus market, every user needs a strong shield against trojans, worms and virtually any type of malware that seeks for a breach in your operating system.
Its interface is very similar to Windows’ Explorer; the obvious advantage is that you get accustomed really fast with its behavior and exploring its features becomes incredibly intuitive. The Control panel provides easy access to scanning modules, quarantine items, and tamper protection. You can set it to scan a custom folder or you can schedule it to perform on-demand scans.
The Tamper Protection feature prevents unauthorized access and forbids malware from uninstalling the antivirus program, thus ensuring that you are protected at all times.
The configuration tab allows you to set up options for on-access scanning (including scanning inside archive files, as well as automatically clean up items that contain virus or spyware), on-demand extensions and exclusions, HIPS runtime behavior analysis, user rights for Quarantine Manager, authorization and messaging.
The anti-virus software also has an auto-update feature that runs in the background, without you even noticing it. This capability ensures that the software is updated according to the latest virus database, keeping your computer protected against the newest malware.
Sophos Endpoint Security Features:
- Sophos Anti-Virus: Complete defense against viruses, spyware, adware, and PUAs across the widest range of platforms of any vendor. Sophos Anti-Virus is 100% Checkmark-certified for spyware detection.
- Sophos Autoupdate: The smallest, fastest protection is automatically distributed at pre-set times or on-demand. Fail-safe updating and bandwidth throttling ensure remote laptop users stay protected.
- Centralized cleanup: Computers can be completely disinfected in a single operation. Unwanted registry entries, running processes, and even files on disk are removed.
- Proactively protect against known and unknown threats: Behavioral Genotype protection identifies malicious code and blocks it before execution, giving the benefits of a Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS).
- High-performance scanning: Scanning can be performed on access, on demand and automatically at scheduled times. Decision Caching technology means only those files that have changed are rescanned.
In conclusion, Sophos Endpoint Security and Control are not as popular as its competitors but still manages to do a good job. It blocks everything that might affect the health of your computer in order to provide users with the safest working environment.