SoapUI is an open-source, cross-platform testing tool for SOA (service-oriented architectures) and REST-based web services. It is, in technical terms, a fully-automated functional and regression testing platform that can improve your applications and services by performing extensive validation tests.
Carry out powerful and comprehensive tests
SoapUI’s core consists of features that include inspection, invoking, development, simulation, mocking, load and compliance/security testing. All of these will help you test your web services and implementations in an interactive manner, inside a trustworthy and powerful environment.
If your application is built on top of a combination of web protocols, you need not worry. soapUI includes support for the most common technologies, such as SOAP, REST, HTTP, AMF, JDBC and JMS, being able to handle services designed with Perl, PHP, J2EE, and NET, to name just a few.
Generate simple tests up to complex ones, including benchmarks
SoapUI allows you to perform functional testing in a simple manner, although there’s no limit to the complexity of the scenarios. The analysis is performed dynamically with the TestCase Coverage, while the DataSource TestStep allows you to read data from external sources.
The MockServices will simulate the web services before there’s an actual implementation for them. By enabling you to mimic the behavior of the scenarios, implementation costs are basically reduced to zero.
The Load Testing feature is a more advanced type of benchmark, making it possible to create and redistribute tests locally or remotely; in other words, it emulates a real-world load, thus testing the resistance of your project.
With soapUI you can test your web services against common security vulnerabilities and threats; it manages to do so by simulating attacks and malicious SQL statements in order to point out the weaknesses in your implementation.
- API Functional Testing – Test the deep functionality of your service with an in-depth simulation of all API loads.
- API performance testing – Modern businesses thrive when they are not limited by API loads. SoapUI can load tests virtual users and provide actionable insights about the performance of your service.
- API security – With SoapUI you can strengthen the security of your all your API services, including internal APIs, public APIs, and third-party APIs. Simulate web attacks, malicious SQL statements and identify all weak points in your API implementation.
- API mocking – With the help of virtualization, you can save valuable resources and money.
- Data-driven testing – Take full advantage from the expansive test methodology that can simulate real-world loads and anticipate weak points in your implementation.
- Test reporting – Generate comprehensive metrics and statistics that can improve your API use.
- Software Test Automation brought to another level
- Software API test environment for powerful and comprehensive tests
- Run tests ranging from simple to very complex
- Benchmark tests
- Validation and simulation that accurately depicts real results
- API monitoring
- Used by the largest companies in the world, including Microsoft, Apple, Mastercard, Salesforce, MIT, BMW, Vodafone, and others.
An advanced testing, validation and simulation app
soapUI is a validation and simulation program for web services, which stands out through its robust, powerful and complete testing engine. There’s no limit to the number of scenarios you can create or to the combination of tests you can perform in order to assess and improve the performance of your web project.
What’s new in soapUI:
- Overall Improvements:
- SoapUI 5.5 introduces the Endpoint Explorer dialog. Use it to send exploratory requests and analyze responses without creating a project.
- SoapUI now supports extended HTTP methods: PROPFIND, LOCK, UNLOCK, COPY, PURGE.
- Now, if you try to open a project created in a later SoapUI version or in ReadyAPI, SoapUI will notify you about this.
System requirements of SoapUI
|Processor||1GHz or higher 32-bit or 64-bit processor|
|RAM||512MB of RAM|
|Hard Disk Space||200MB of hard disk space for installation (SoapUI and HermesJMS)|