What is Computer Emulator?
As per Wikipedia source, In computing, an emulator is hardware or software that enables one computer system (called the host) to behave like another computer system (called the guest). An emulator typically enables the host system to run software or use peripheral devices designed for the guest system. Snes9x is a portable, freeware Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) emulator. The application can allow you to play most games that were designed for the SNES and Super Famicom Nintendo game systems on your PC. If you are unaware, SNES was a 16-bit video game console that sold 50 million units globally and was immense fun to play games on!
Snes9x is the new portable gaming emulator
Snes9x is great for fans of the original SNES, who can now re-live their past gaming victories. Snes9x has been coded in C++, with three assembler CPU emulation cores on the i386 Linux and Windows ports.
Overall, Snes9x has lots of configurable options. You can change the sound, play in full screen and alter the game input devices such as SNES Mouse and SNES Joypad. The application also has Action Replay support for cheats and the ability to search for new cheats online. The graphics are emulated in a crisp manner and the overall feel of the emulator is good. You may like to know about 14 best android emulator for pc gaming.
In order to play SNES games, which were available on ROM cartridge, you will need ROMs or ROM images. Please note: The Snes9x application does not provide games files.
- Various seta010 emulation fixes.
- Pass blargg OAM tests with proper write behavior.
- Prevent interlacing in BG modes 1-4.
- Corrected IRQ and NMI emulation to allow more games to work properly.
- Use 1 instead of 0 for initial PPU left window coordinate, fixing garbage in the left column of pixels in some games.
- Added interpolation option hack for DSP.
- Added sprite-tile limit disabling hack.
- Added libretro’s fast snapshot support.
- Add overclocking hack that increases IPC.
- Fix controller initialization issues preventing some games from using multitap.
- Proper write behavior for register $2122.
- Fix transparency issue with Star Fox asteroids.
- Increase SuperFX speed to more accurately represent hardware, and fix bugs with Stunt Race FX and Yoshi’s Island.
- Resize viewport on state load.
- Many fixes to variables not saved or saved incorrectly in save states.
- Pass decimal tests in blargg’s math test ROMs.
- Remove memory leak in loadzip.cpp.
- Fix screen size not reverting when overscan is turned on then off mid-frame.Win32:
Include DirectDraw libraries and compile with DirectDraw support by default.
- Add a link to DirectX installer in error message displayed when the needed DirectX libraries can’t be found.
- Save window position when exiting via a menu.
- Make custom ROM dialogue resizable.
- Fix various cheat dialogue issues.
- Remove d3d9x DLL dependency by using DirectXMath.
- Remove rarely-used HLSL shader option.
- Add InitialSnapshotFilename support.
- Disable BG toggle keys by default.
- Proper centering and cropping for over-scanned and regular height modes.
- Remove the ability to disable the SNES’s hires modes.
- Added a Super Famicom-style icon resource to the EXE.
- You may also emulate games on PC.
|Software Name||Snes9X Emulator For Windows V 1.60|
|File Size||3.7 MB|