Portable SMPlayer is an application that you can use to play audio and video files of various formats, including AVI, MPG, WAV, OGG, FLAC and ASF.
Since this is a portable software, installing Portable SMPlayer is not necessary. So, you can place it on a removable device and run the executable file on any computer. More importantly, your Windows registry entries will not be changed.
The interface of the program is familiar and easy to navigate through. You can import audio and video by using the file browser or the “drag and drop” method.
So, you can use basic media player commands, such as play, pause and stop, adjust the volume, switch to full-screen mode, go forward or backward several frames, jump to a particular frame, as well as navigate back and forth within the track.
In addition, you can create a favorites list, export a playlist, open a DVD from drive or disc, load media from URL (e.g. YouTube), add items to a TV/radio list, zoom in and out, change the aspect ratio and select a deinterlace method.
But you can also apply filters (e.g. noise, black borders), rotate, flip or mirror the image, configure an equalizer and video preview, take screenshots and load audio from an external file.
- Play all media formats: SMPlayer supports the most known formats and codecs: avi, mp4, mkv, mpeg, mov, divx, h.264. you can play all of them, thanks to its built-in codecs. You don’t need to find and install third party codecs.
- Support for YouTube: SMPlayer can play YouTube videos and it’s also available an optional plugin to search for YouTube videos.
- Skins: SMPlayer comes with several skins and icon themes, so you can easily change the look of the player.
- Subtitles download: SMPlayer can search and download subtitles from opensubtitles.org
- Advanced features: SMPlayer includes many advanced features like video and audio filters, change of the playback speed, adjustment of audio and subtitles delay, video equalizer and many more.
- In your own language: SMPlayer is available in more than 30 languages, including Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese.
- MPlayer: SMPlayer uses the award-winning MPlayer as a playback engine, which is one of the best players in the world. Now SMPlayer supports mpv as well.
Moreover, you can change audio channels, select the stereo mode, set a delay period, load subtitles and configure their settings, download and upload subtitles, select a title or chapter, go to the DVD menu, reassign keyboard shortcuts, change the interface language, style and icon set, and more.
The program uses a low-to-moderate amount of system resources and includes a FAQ page. No errors have popped up during tests since Portable SMPlayer ran smoothly. We highly recommend this media player to all users.
What’s new in Portable SMPlayer 19.1.0:
- Possibility to play 60fps videos from YouTube.
- Now it’s possible to search for subtitles typing the name of the movie or show.
- Some bug fixes.