Slacker Software Player is an audio player that integrates a few powerful features for all types of users, regardless of their experience level.
The interface of the program is made from a modern window with an uncomplicated layout, where you can get started by creating a music library, by letting the tool scan the computer for audio tracks. Alternatively, you can import whichever songs you want.
So, it is possible to create playlists, show a file’s location on the computer, create and share stations on social networks, as well as send songs to Slacker Portable, so you can effortlessly play them on external storage devices, such as USB flash drives.
In addition, you can enable shuffle mode, sort items in the library by various criteria (e.g. by artist or album), use a search function when having an endless list of audio files, view cover art of the currently playing track, as well as create a favorites list. Plus, you can make file associations for the MP3, M3U and WMA formats.
The simple-to-use audio player is low-demanding when it comes to the CPU and system memory, so it shouldn’t put a strain on the computer’s overall performance. It has a good response time and works smoothly, without causing the operating system to hang, crash or display error notifications. Although no recent updates have been made, Slacker Software Player should please all users who are looking for an alternative audio player.
Slacker Radio features:
- Stream the music you love for free on your mobile device, tablet or computer
- Hundreds of music stations you can fine-tune and personalize
- Exclusive hosted music shows every week
- Play a mix of your favorites or let the curators and DJs help you discover new music
- Create and share your own customized music stations
- Available on mobile, web, home and car platforms
- Unique interactive hosts, news, and sports
- No ads with membership
- On-demand access to millions of songs, artists, and albums with membership
- Download music for offline playback on mobile with membership