SeaMonkey is a free and open source, all-in-one internet application suite formerly known as the “Mozilla Application Suite”, developed by Mozilla Foundation. It is based on same source code containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, The software suite supports Modern and Classic skins in the default installation. SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers, and corporate users.
SeaMonkey Suite Features:
- Sync: Allows you to keep your browsing history, passwords, bookmarks, preferences and tabs in sync across different devices (computers) in a secure way.
- Tabbed browsing: Gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Session restore: Brings back all your open windows and tabs after the rare occasion that SeaMonkey crashes—and if you wish even when you close and reopen the browser or restart your computer.
- Add-ons Management: Provides almost infinite possibilities to extend your Internet experience both through installing additional functionality created by others and even freely developing your own extensions and providing them to the rest of the SeaMonkey community.
- Feed detection: Notifies you when web pages offer RSS or Atom feeds, and feed preview lets you view their contents and choose a reader with which to subscribe to those – including an internal reader in the Mail & Newsgroups component of SeaMonkey.
- Tabbed Mail: Lets you manage your mail and folders in parallel, without losing control of where you’re at when reading, replying to and working with messages in more complex patterns.
- Junk mail controls: Help you take back control of your e-mail from spammers. SeaMonkey’s adaptive junk mail control gets smarter with use and is personalized to the e-mail that you receive.
- Chat on IRC networks: With this simple yet powerful IRC client. Multiple networks and channels are easy to keep track of in a familiar tabbed interface.