RKill is a free malware scanner tool that was developed at Bleeping Computer that attempts to terminate known malware processes so that your normal security software can then run and clean your computer of infections. When RKill Bleeping Computer Software runs it will kill malware processes and then removes incorrect executable associations and fixes policies that stop us from using certain tools. When finished it will display a log file that shows the processes that were terminated while the program was running.
As RKill only terminates a program’s running process and does not delete any files, after running it you should not reboot your computer as any malware processes that are configured to start automatically will just be started again. Instead, after running RKill you should immediately scan your computer using some sort of anti-malware or anti-virus program so that the infections can be properly removed.
“People’s computers are not getting more secure. They’re getting more infected with viruses. They’re getting more under the control of malware.”
– Avi Rubin
How To Install RKill on Windows 10
There are so many ways that we can do to have this app running into our Windows OS. So, please choose one of the easy methods below
Method 1: Installing RKill: Free Malware Scanner App Manually
Please note: you should download and install programs only from trusted publishers and retail websites.
- First, open your favorite Web browser, you can use Chrome or any other Browser that you have
- Download the RKill installation file from the trusted link above on this page
Or you can download via this link: Download RKill
- Select Save or Save as to download the program. Most antivirus programs like Windows Defender will scan the program for viruses during download.
- If you select Save, the program file is saved in your Downloads folder.
- Or, if you select Save as, you can choose where to save it, like your desktop.
- After the downloading RKill completed, click the .exe file twice to running the Installation process
- Then follow the windows installation instruction that appears until finished
- Now, the RKill icon will appear on your Desktop
- Click on the icon to running the Application on your windows 10 pc/laptop.
Method 2: Installing Free Malware Scanner App using Windows Store
Step 1: Open the Windows Store App
You can find the Windows Store at your desktop widget or at bottom of the Taskbar. It looks like a small shopping bag icon with the Windows logo on it.
Step 2: Finding the apps on Windows Store
You can find the RKill in the Windows Store using the search box in the top right.
Or you can Select Apps if you want to explore more apps that available, according to the popularity and featured apps.
(Note: If you don’t find this app on Windows 10 Store, you can back to Method 1)
Step 3: Installing the app from Windows Store
When you’ve found the RKill on the Windows store, you’ll see the name and logo, followed by a button below. The button will be marked Free, if it’s a free app, or give the price if it’s paid.
Click the button and the installation will begin. Then you can click Open when it’s complete.
If you’ve already installed the app on another machine, it may say Install instead.
How To Uninstall RKill App?
Method 1: Uninstall Rkill: Free Malware Scanner App Manually
- Hover your mouse to the taskbar at the bottom of your Windows desktop
- Then click the “Start” button / Windows logo
- Choose the “Control Panel” option
- Click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
- Select “RKill” from apps that displayed, then click “Remove/Uninstall.”
- Complete the Uninstall process by clicking on the “YES” button.
- Finished! Now, your Windows operating system is clean from the RKill app.
Method 2: Uninstalling Rkill: Free Malware Scanner Apps From Windows Store
Step 1: Find the RKill app
- For any apps, you don’t want or need, you can remove them to save a bit of space on your PC. To get to the app, click on the Start Button.
- Next, find the app you wish to remove.
Step 2: Removing RKill from Windows Store
- Right-click on the app and click Uninstall.
- One last box will appear – click Uninstall again.
Pros and Cons of Rkill
|Does not require installation||Does not have a GUI|
|Effectively terminates malware||Rather a dull interface|
|Constantly runs in the background||May accidentally delete wanted programs|
|Works quickly and efficiently||Can be a little intrusive|
System Requirements of RKill
|Operating System||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)|
Features Bleeping Computer Rkill
The program simply works through terminating any running program without removing any file. It only stops the process and you can detect the system by running an anti-virus program. The security tool after completing the process displays the prompt “You can enable the normal security programs for scanning the system”. RKill.txt file will be displayed on your desktop automatically which will inform you about the performance of RKill.
Compatible with Windows
With vary compatibility with all types of devices, the software has special compatibility with all types of Windows-Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP are mainly operating systems to run the app very smoothly and reliably. In addition, it requires a 32-bit and 64-bit setup.
With the spatiality of detecting the pair of common spyware and malware, the app removes the infection within a few seconds. But a large number of threats can take some time. After scanning the app provides an analyzing report which helps you to remove manually the threats.
The app requires no installation process and just work in the background of the system. The process of scanning through the app is very fast. Tab the button to scan and complete your work within a few seconds.
The Rkill with freeware license available for Windows 32-bit operating system of a laptop and PC, presented for all software users as a free trial for a specific period, free download with potential restrictions. Belong to the Anti-Spyware category.
Official Video Intro Bleeping Computer Rkill
Bleeping Computer Rkill FAQs
Is RKill Totally free? How much does it cost to download?
Nothing! Download this app from official websites at no cost by this Portal Website. Any additional information about the license you are able to found on owners’ sites.
How do you access the free RKill download for Windows Pc?
It is easy! Just click the free RKill download button in the above of this short article. Clicking this link will start the installer to download RKill free for Laptop.
Is this RKill will function normally on any Windows?
Yes! The RKill for PC will functions normally on most present Windows operating systems (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP) 64 bit and 32 bit.
How long does RKill take to run?
Conclusion of Bleeping Computer Rkill
RKill helps you remove malware from the computer and all the services and applications that might block you from removing the malware. It isn’t a replacement for antivirus or anti-malware, but it can be a useful tool in your arsenal against malicious software.