This is a feature-rich software application that provides a working environment for programming languages, including PHP, HTML, and CSS.
A configuration wizard at startup helps you create the initial setting. You can choose the primary file type (e.g. PHP, CSS, PL, XML, VBS, JS), file associations, workspace layout (e.g. file explorer only, full IDE), and interface style, as well as locate the PHP file used to check syntax. In the last step, you can integrate scripts with the webserver.
The interface has a clean aspect and well-organized options. Thanks to the file explorer, you can quickly locate the files to implement in the project.
Apart from formatting text (e.g. font, paragraph, emphasis, color), it is possible to insert hyperlinks, images, headings, tables, forms, frames, special characters, time and date stamps, to name but a few.
Rapid PHP Editor For Windows Features
- The fastest PHP editor / PHP IDE: Loads much faster than any other PHP editor or PHP IDE with similar features.
- Powerful editor: Unicode support, bracket-matching, code folding, auto-complete, auto-replace, multi-highlight, and more.
- HTML5 and CSS3 ready: Coding features are up-to-date with modern standards.
- Powerful CSS Features: Inspector, compatibility watch, prefixizer, code assistants, browser preview, and much more.
- Advanced search and replace: Quick search, detailed search, file search, regular expression support, detailed results, and more.
- Smarty & framework support: Powerful support for Smarty PHP template engine and popular PHP frameworks.
- Direct FTP/SFTP/FTPS: Edit directly on your web server or publish local development copy updates with a single click.
- Efficient code re-use: Code snippet library and code templates with assignable shortcuts.
- Loads of tools: Code beautifier, dynamic ToDo, color picker, XRay, etc.
Other options of Rapid PHP Editor enable users to insert script and non-script files, display a code inspector, language browser, code, and SQL explorer, as well as customize toolbars and preview code design. Word wrapping, URL highlights, auto spell checker, W3C, and CSE HTML validation, along with macro recording are featured too. Projects can be saved and uploaded via FTP.
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10|
|Memory||256 MB RAM|
Rapid PHP Editor is clearly resourceful. It uses a surprisingly low amount of CPU and RAM, has a good response time, and contains extensive help documentation. No error dialogs were shown in our tests, and the app did not hang or crash. It sports a wide array of options dedicated to programming code, appealing to professionals.