Quick Heal Internet Security is designed as a security solution that protects your files and folders from viruses or other threats. It can also check emails for spam and potentially dangerous email attachments.
The antivirus component allows you to run a full computer scan or to create a custom scan in order to select the folders that need to be scanned. You can also scan the programs that are loaded in the memory or scan the computer at the first reboot in order to prevent viruses from attacking your system.
The application supports scheduled scanning and the jobs can be configured in terms of thoroughness and computer areas that should be checked. Based on exclusion lists you can lower the scan time by adding locations you want to be skipped during the verification process.
The email scanner can be used to block the attachments that are suspicious or file extensions specified by the user. You can also block all the attachments if you want to be extra careful. The program automatically detects the programs that want to send emails and prompts you for permission.
Quick Heal Internet Security also includes a firewall and protection against phishing and malware sheltering websites.
The parents can take advantage of the Parental Control feature in order to restrict access to certain websites. You can use the predefined categories to prevent computer users from visiting gambling or offensive websites and create a list of the websites that should not be available.
The application includes additional tools that can help you prevent USB disk infections or create an emergency disk for cleaning infected computers. You can also use it to restore the original Internet Explorer settings or to clean the Internet browsing traces from multiple applications.
During a computer scan, the program requires about 260 MB of memory and has very little impact on system performance.
Quick Heal Internet Security Features:
- Web Security: Automatically restricts access to websites that are designed to infect your PC with viruses, or trick you into giving away your personal or financial information to hackers
- Email Security: Cloud-based Email Security prevents spam, phishing, and infected emails from reaching your Inbox.
- Safe Banking: Secures your financial details while you are banking or shopping on the Internet. When launched, this antivirus feature begins a safe desktop session with the supported Internet browsers. Quick Heal Safe Banking prevents Internet threats such as phishing. It also blocks malicious programs such as keyloggers that record what you type on your keyboard
- Browser Sandbox: Running your Internet browsers in Browser Sandbox gives you secure, uninterrupted browsing experience. It acts like a protective screen between the PC’s operating system and malicious threats, thereby reducing the risks of unexpected or hidden malware attacks.
- Parental Control: Quick Heal’s enhanced Parental Control lets parents configure the following settings:Internet Browsing Control, Application Control, PC Access Control.
- Firewall: Firewall is an essential antivirus security feature that keeps your PC safe against external threats over the Internet. It also blocks threats that may arise within networks that are connected to your system. Besides allowing you to configure protection for incoming and outgoing Internet traffic, our enhanced Firewall lets you set a Firewall profile for network connections such as ‘Home’, ‘Work’, ‘Public’ or ‘Restricted’. It also includes the Stealth Mode feature which makes it difficult for hackers to trace your system.
- Core Protection: Gives multilayered virus protection with a combination of features such as AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware, Anti-Rootkit, Firewall and IDS/IPS. This ensures the best Internet security for your PC and data.
- Malware Protection: Enhanced Malware Protection detects and blocks spyware, adware, keyloggers, riskware, and other malware.
- Anti-Keylogger: Keyloggers are data-stealing malicious programs that record what you type on your keyboard and share the information with hackers. Quick Heal’s Anti-Keylogger feature prevents such programs from stealing your valuable data.
- Improved Scan Engine: The revamped antivirus scan engine avoids rescanning files that have not been altered since the previous scan. This helps it scan files and folders in lesser time without slowing down your system.
- Advanced DNAScan: Quick Heal DNAScan technology combines behavioral and characteristic inspection and monitoring of unsafe programs. This protects your PC against unknown malware and other threats.
- Vulnerability Scan: Vulnerability Scan helps you detect known security vulnerabilities that can be misused by hackers to steal your data or infect your computer with viruses and malware. Scanning your system with this feature detects vulnerabilities that could be present in the Operating System (OS) settings and other applications in your system. It also helps you fix any vulnerabilities in the OS settings
- Virtual Keyboard: Virtual Keyboard is a defense mechanism to prevent your confidential information from getting tracked or recorded by malicious programs like spyware and keyloggers. As the name suggests, this feature lets you type without using a physical keyboard. Whatever information you type on the Virtual Keyboard is encrypted and reaches its destination securely, without being intercepted by hackers or malware.
- Flash Drive Protection: This antivirus feature automatically scans external storage devices. Protects USB drives against autorun infections.
- Safe Mode Protection: Stops unauthorized users from changing Quick Heal security settings when the system is running on Safe Mode.
- Enhanced Self-Protection: Protects Quick Heal’s running processes and services.
- Silent Mode: Suppresses all antivirus prompts and notifications for uninterrupted PC usage. Choosing this option does not affect the security of your PC.
- Import and Export Settings: Helps you export your Quick Heal security settings from a single computer and import it to other computers. This is helpful when you uninstall and reinstall the software, and during multiple computer configurations.
Quick Heal Internet Security is a reliable solution that can help you control Internet access and protect your computer from virus threats.