qBittorrent is a free, lightweight BitTorrent transfer protocol client software. This powerful and easy-to-use program allows easy management of file sharing with its attractive and functional interface.
However, even though the interface of this application is simple, its feature set is really expansive, enabling users to search for torrents via integrated search engine, remote control their downloads via excellent web interface, RSS support, port forwarding support with UPnP and NAT-PMP standard, IP filtering, all most used Bittorent extensions (encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, HTD, Peer Exchange and others), easy way to create new torrents, download scheduler, and many more. The interface of the software can be switched to one of the 35+ supported languages.
Even though qBittorrent does not offer large innovation in the field of manipulation of torrent files, and overall management of torrent transfers, this application serves as an excellent alternative to other similar applications such as µTorrent (its other large competitor Vuze is more popular than qBittorrent, but it demands from its users to install Java Virtual Machine, which is not needed for this C++ based application).
Built by talented volunteers and extremely reactive to the wishes of its community, qBittorrent today represents one of the best software solutions for sharing files via BitTorrent protocol.
- Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
- Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
- Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
- All Bittorrent extensions
- DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs
- Remote control through a Web user interface
- Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
- Advanced control over trackers, peers, and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
- Available in ~25 languages (Unicode support)
- Torrent creation tool
- Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
- Bandwidth scheduler
- IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
- IPv6 compliant
- Sequential downloading (aka “Download in order”)
- Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Download for Windows