PSPad editor is a free text editor with support for multiple syntaxes highlighting profiles for programmers. It comes with an open-source hex editor, CP conversion, text differences, templates, macros, spellcheck option, auto-completion, and code explorer. The program is pre-configured for the most popular programming languages (like Visual Basic, C++, SQL, PHP, ASP, and Python) and you can further customize the syntax settings. This is a great freeware programmer’s editor for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
PSPad is a comprehensive text and code editor that provides not only advanced text-editing functions but also many tools addressed to developers, regardless of the programming language they use.
The application has been specifically designed to serve a double purpose. It can easily replace the popular Wordpad and Notepad tools included in Windows and, at the same time, PSPad will prove its worth when dealing with complicated code syntax.
The ace up its sleeve is actually a mix between the excellent bundle of features and it’s quite easy to use and friendly interface. Since it was designed to help all types of users, PSPad comes with an impressive list of templates that includes PHP, Python, HTML, C++, Foxpro, XHTML, and many others.
There are so many tools in there that some users may find PSPad a bit overwhelming at first glance, but it’s just the way such an application is supposed to be in order to accommodate the needs of regular users and programmers alike.
PSPad Free Text Editor Software Features
- Work with projects
- Work with several documents at the same time (mdi)
- Save desktop sessions to later reopen all session files
- Ftp client – edit files directly from the web
- Macro recorder to record, save and load macros
- Search and replace files
- Text difference with color-coded differences highlighted
- Templates (HTML tags, scripts, code templates)
- The installation contains templates for Html, PHP, Pascal, JScript, VBScript, MySQL, ms-dos, Perl
- Syntax highlighting according to file type
- User-defined highlighters for exotic environments
- Intelligent internal Html preview using IE and Mozilla
- Full hex editor
- Call different external programs for different environments
- External compiler with output catcher, log window, and log parser for an “Ide” effect in every environment
- Color syntax highlight printing and print preview
- Integrated tidy library for formatting and checking HTML code, conversion to CSS, XML, XHTML
- The integrated free version of the top CSS editor top style lite
- Export with highlight to RTF, HTML, tex format to file or clipboard
- Column block select, bookmarks, line numbers
- Reformat and compress HTML code, tag character case change
- Line sorting with the ability to sort on defined columns and drop duplicates
- Ascii chart with HTML entities
- Code explorer for pascal, c/c++, ini, html, xml, php and more in development
- Spell checker
- Internal web browser with apache support
- Matching bracket highlighting
Besides features like syntax highlighting, macro recording, or search and replace functions that are common to many similar apps, PSPad brings to the table much more. It comes with a full HEX editor, an FTP client so that you can edit files straight on the server, an internal web browser, a color translator, and the code checking and formatting TiDy library.
|Operating System||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10|
Official Video Intro PSPad Software
Conclusion of PSPad Software
PSPad is a free code editor software that choose when it comes to code and text editing applications. It is designed for beginners as well as an experienced programmer and comes with a great set of features to meet anyone’s needs.