ProgDVB is a software that allows you to watch SAT-Television and listen to Radio channels directly from satellite by using DVB-PCI cards with hardware decoders on the board, SAT-dish, and personal x86-compatible computers. This software has options for working with network broadcasting and Audio or Video recording of the stream to different digital-media formats.
ProgDVB and ProgTV are 2 independent user interfaces which can work together from one folder at one list of channels, settings, etc. ProgTV is aimed at use with remote control(HTPC). It contains more functions but is intended for use by a mouse. Thus it is very convenient to use both interfaces.
ProgDVB can be used to process the TV input, regardless of the device you have: Digital TV device, Internet TV or radio, IPTV, analog TV device, and it can also recognize your remote control (HID or Microsoft RC, as well as WinLirc).
Main features of ProgDVB
- High Definition TV support including H.264/AVC.
- Picture-in-picture support as well as independent simultaneous recording/playback of several channels from one or more devices.
- Mosaic fast channels preview.
- Support for the majority of DVB, ISDB-T and ATSC devices including DiSEqC and CAM interface support.
- Support for all digital TV audio formats: MPEG, AC3, AAC.
- Time shifting functionality using the RAM or disk buffer of unlimited size.
- 10 Bands equalizer.
- TV and Radio channels recording.
- Playback from disk-based files.
- Electronic program guide (EPG) from Digital TV or XmlTV,JTV.
- Subtitle(Teletext, image-based and closed captions).
- Support for VR, VMR7, VMR9 and EVR renderers including OSD (except VR) independently from channel type or signal presence.
- Network broadcasting.
- Skins for OSD and GUI.
- Both Win32 and full-fledged Win64 versions are available.
- Interface Language Localizations.
Support for various types of data sources of ProgDVB
- Internet TV and Radio. About 8000 channels on the list.
- DVB-S (satellite), DVB-S2, DVB-C (cable), DVB-T, DVB-T2, ATSC, ISDB-T.
- Kartina TV, Rodina TV, OTT Club, Shura TV, Sovok TV.
- Playback from a file.
- Intel Pentium – III Processor 500 Mhz.
- 128 MB memory on board.
- 5 MB of disc space (without the size of disc space for Video&Audio Recording).
- AGP SVGA GraphicVideo-Adapter with 32 MB memory on board.
- SoundBlaster compatible sound card.
- Network adapter 10/100 MB/Sec. (High-speed Net-card is strongly recommended for Broadcasting).
- DIRECTX V.8.0 OR HIGHER.
- It is much better to use the new drivers from Techno Trend v2.09 or 2.10.
- For work with Recording’s option, you will need to install some software codecs from different manufacturers.
- MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 OR HIGHER.
- PROGTV REQUIRES FULL MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 4.0.