PrimeOS operating system gives a complete desktop experience similar to Windows or macOS with access to millions of Android apps. It is a port of Android to a PC based on the Android-X86 project. This port is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit machines and allows transforming an old PC into an Android device.
After, Prime OS download offers you to run Android applications without any problems. As on Windows, there is the main taskbar, with a menu similar to the start menu in which the user accesses his application grid. Although the project is still under development, it offers interesting features such as web browsing, compatibility with applications such as Word or Excel, and the execution of video games.
This operating system is also equipped with a key mapping tool that lets you set Android games controls to keyboard/mouse. Now play any Android game on any PC and make the highest score ever. It can convert your PC into an Android Machine with a much better experience than an emulator. The OS includes a “Gaming Center”: an android games shop. This OS uses DecaPro, a utility that offers a better gameplay experience with keyboard and mouse sound. It is probably the OS you need if you want to play your favorite mobile shooting games more comfortably.
- Multiple features to give a desktop experience like start menu, taskbar, etc.
- Multi-window support with maximize, minimize, close, resize, etc.
- Option to disable multi-window for any app in case you need it.
- General keyboard shortcuts like alt + tab, alt + f4, win + d etc.
- Close to AOSP experience with only necessary desktop features.
- The taskbar with the ability to pin apps, show notification, and system icons.
- DecaPro key mapping tool to play games with a keyboard and mouse (Press F12).
- Pre mapped some popular games like PUBG, Subway surf, etc.
- GPU tools are available to fake GPU info for any game.
- Open gapps included no need to install them manually.
- OTA support is available but only if you install in the EXT4 RW partition.
- Feedback app is available for you guys to share your thoughts.
- Up-streamed kernel to goggle LTS Linux 4.9.x.
- It provides you full freedom to any amount of allocation.
- It is itself complete OS thus doesn’t require any other OS to run.
- It doesn’t require any host OS like Windows or macOS to run.
- It is the Android app ecosystem is the flexibility to choose the apps that best fit your habits and preferences.
- It runs 3x times faster than any android emulator in the same hardware configuration.
- Booting Time of this OS is much faster than any of the emulators in this world.
- It comes up with better battery and heating management.
- It comes with Google Play
PrimeOS Manual Installation Process
USB stick / Flash Drive guide:
- For this method, you need Etcher / Rufus, OS iso file. We recommend you to use a decent speed USB drive (8 GB or larger).
- For flashing OS to the USB drive, plug in your USB drive and launch Etcher / Rufus. Now select the operating system ISO file, create the bootable USB.
- Note: Be careful with the steps below and backup your data if you’re not sure about what you are doing.
- For installing PrimeOS on your HDD/SSD/SDcard, first, create a new partition for this operating system (suggested minimum size is 16 GB).
- Turn off the secure boot of your device and then boot up the USB by pressing ESC or F12, depending on your bios menu key and selecting the Prime Operating System USB to boot from.
- Select the Install OS option from the GRUB menu.
- The installer will load, and you will have an option to choose which partition you created earlier. Choose it, and select Ext4 for formatting the drive.
- When it asks if you want to install System as R/W (Read/Write), select YES, otherwise the OTA functionality will break.
- When it asks if you want to install Grub, select YES.
- When finished, the installer will then ask if you want to run OS, you can just reboot here, and make sure you remove the USB drive.
PrimeOS Pros and Cons
|This os is quite appealing||Full-screen apps should be pre-configured for full-screen in the OS itself|
|It’s quite fast compared to Pheonix OS||The taskbar should have a hidden button, and it should auto-hide for full-screen apps|
|Animations are smooth even on low config PCs||Anonymous Usage Data Collection should be considered, mentioned that the user chooses to share his data|
|Native Bridge works as expected||Lacking official support|
|Great Gaming Performance||Runs Slightly dated android LTS build|
|Android gaming on pc|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, Mac|
|Hard Disk space||8 GB Storage|
|Processor||Intel and AMD based x86|
|Title||PrimeOS for Windows|
|File size||1 GB|
|Date added||March 8, 2019|
Download for Windows