PowerArchiver is prize-winning archive utilization software for the Windows family that gives you support for more compressed and encoded files, as well as allow us for more effective features and tools through which it is simple to use this interface which logically integrates with Windows Explorer. It offers hundreds of features, yet remains simple to use, small and rapid. Beginner’s customers will found it as a closer interface complete with tutorial and detailed help, while most experienced customers can take advantage of full Explorer integration, miscellaneous encryption methods & advanced compression algorithms.
PowerArchiver is an absolute archive utility for Windows. Create ZIP, ZIPX, TAR/GZ/BZ2, CAB, ISO, open 20 other formats. Full Windows 7/8 support with UAC advancement and VSS! FIPS 140-2. Multicore compression and fastest RAR extraction. Create the Fastest ZIP/ZIPX device, now up to 50% faster. With its essential supports like ZIP, 7-ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2, BH, RAR, ARJ, ARC, ACE, ZOO, GZ, BZIP2, XXE, MIME, UUE and y ENC are various file formats. An internal viewer displays TXT, RTF, and more than 18 image formats.
This software does not want to take any trouble about compatibility problems with PowerArchiver if you are using or considering upgrading to Windows 7 and Windows 8 – this file archive has done extensive testing to ensure everything works very accurately. The app supports UAC (user access control) advancement to the administrator when it detects the need for the admin account in order to read or write in some folder.
Benefits of PowerArchiver
The modern UI option is back! Start-up speed has been optimized and now it starts as fast as 1s. Added beautiful new icon pack to be used with Modern UI. Modern UI adapts to the Windows version you have, so it will look different on Windows 7 vs Windows 10.
Optimized Classic UI
- The default option is still Classic UI, but now completely reworked for 2018. All new Classic UI is simplified and optimized for maximum startup speed, as well as minimum memory usage.
- Speed optimizations made PowerArchiver 2018 the fastest software in history – it is up 3x faster than its earlier version 2016 and 2017, and even faster than old versions like 2009. You will notice the difference when you start this software, it now loads faster than 1s on modern computers.
- As a result of optimizations, even shell operations are faster and it also takes 2x less RAM when in use. If you are bored of a classic interface, you can use our new skinning system to get all black look, office dark/white look or any of our 10+ available skins that add a bit of color to the classic interface. There are also 3 options for toolbar icons that can be changed independently from skins. More skins are showcased here.
New ZIP engine
- PowerArchiver reworked the ZIP engine, which now includes strongest zip compression possible, supported by official Windows 7/8/10 zip tools (standard deflate codec). Up to 7%-8% better compression than before while maintaining full compatibility with every single ZIP utility on the market.
- The new engine will use all of your CPU threads available and is multi-core threaded by block, not file, so even single file will be sped up considerably. This gives it maximum speed possible with new 16-24 thread processors.
- The previous engine is now at Fast and Fastest speed levels, with speed also improved up to 2x on large files. Compared to the competition, it is faster than WinZip at similar compression levels and much stronger than WinRAR.
- Built-in PDF viewer has been a #2 requested feature ever since Microsoft started changing things in Windows 8 when it comes to reading PDFs inside PowerArchiver. Added a special internal PDF viewer that is fast and allows you to view and print PDFs without any additional pdf tools installed. Quick and efficient, all that you need for PDF viewing and printing.
- PowerArchiver 2018 has multiple tabs for opening several archives in the same interface. This enables easy copy and pasting between the archives, and lets us minimize your memory usage significantly. By the default, when you open multiple archives, they will be all automatically added to the tabs of the same interface.
- PowerArchiver Toolbox: Support for over 60 compression formats! Fastest ZIP/ZIPX engine ever!
- Encryption Suite: Encrypt, Decrypt, Sign and Verify in various AES and Open PGP formats. FIPS 140-2 validated!
- Advanced Codec Pack (.PA): Best format with strongest compression, data deduplication, and very secure encryption.
- Secure FTP: Secure FTP client with all the features, including FIPS 140-2 validation!
- Virtual ISO Drive: Mount ISO images in Virtual Drive without having to burn them!
- Backup: Full Enterprise Backup suite with shadow copy support, logs, network backup and more!
- Office Plug-In: Automatically compress and encrypt files in Microsoft Office XP-2016.
- Data/Audio Burner: Burn, Copy, Rip Data, and Audio CD/DVD/Blu-Ray discs.
- Cloud: Access 6 different cloud services without the need to install their software!
- Complete built-in support (including creating archives and adding files) for ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2 and BH (BlakHole) files, and built-in support for reading and extracting many other file formats: RAR, ARJ, ARC, ACE, ZOO, GZ, and BZIP2
- Built-in support for XXE and UUE encoded files
- Many powerful archive operations (including renaming files in an archive, spanning archives, testing archives, viewing and writing comments, installing archives, and checking archives for viruses)
- Internal viewer that supports TXT, RTF, BMP, ICO, WMF, EMF, GIF and JPG (JPEG) files in PowerArchiver
- Skinnable toolbar
- Drag and Drop from/to Windows Explorer and the Desktop
- Two ways of viewing archives (Classic – all files in the same listing; Explorer – browsing through an archive like folders in Windows Explorer)
- Creating powerful ZIP, RAR, ARJ, LHA, and BH self-extracting archives
- Complete integration with Windows (extracting archives and creating archives directly from Windows Explorer using powerful “Explorer Shell Extensions”)
- Viewing files in all view styles, including “as a Web page”
- Converting between file formats (for example: changing a ZIP archive to CAB archive, or LHA archive to ZIP archive)
- Tool for repairing corrupted ZIP archives
- Tool for extracting multiple archives at once
- Tool for creating backup scripts and running automated backups
- Auto Update to automatically download and install new versions of this software
- Batch Zip function to create multiple different archives at once
- Favorite Folders to quickly locate archives in
- Printing file list to a printer, or exporting file list to HTML or TXT files
- Powerful help in HTML and a tutorial with pictures for beginners
Pros and Cons
|Streamlined interface: Menus are grouped together in common sense categories, and the program is easy to figure out right away.||Homegrown problems: This file archive has been through a few versions already and is known to have versions released with known faults. Frequent updates are frustrating if you don’t want to mess with updating or consulting the forum for workarounds.|
|Compression and cloud: This software can handle any form of compression you throw at it, including the fairly new 7 Zip format. It can also backup to cloud storage, handle your FTP, encrypt your files, and batch compresses them all with just a few clicks.||Small batch only: This software doesn’t do well with batches of over 100 files.|
PowerArchiver Technical Information
|Title||PowerArchiver 18.02.02 for Windows|
|File size||39.44 MB|
|Requirements||Windows 10,Windows 7 64-Bit,Windows Vista 64-bit,Windows 10 64-bit,Windows 2008 R2,Windows 2008 64-bit,Windows Vista, Windows 2003,Windows 7,Windows 2000,Windows 9x,Windows 8,Windows XP, Windows 2012,Windows 2008,Windows XP 64-bit,Windows 8 64-bit|
|Available languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Date added||Monday, February 25th, 2019|
|Versions:||Microsoft Windows® XP, XP 64-bit, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 or higher, both 32bit and 64bit.|
|Processor:||>= Intel Core 2 or faster processor (recommended: Intel i3)|
>= 512 MB or more RAM (recommended: 2 GB)
|Memory Requirements:||A hard disk with at least 150MB free space (recommended: 250 MB)|
|Compatibility:||A Microsoft or 100% compatible mouse (recommended)|