Outpost Firewall Pro provides you with a set of tools designed to protect your computer from potential threats that might affect the system. A powerful firewall, an anti-malware scanner, and multiple online security tools work together to prevent identity theft and ensure that viruses and malicious software stay away from your PC.
The main component of the suite is the integrated firewall, which can bring an additional protection layer to your system. It can keep an eye on the active network connections and processes in order to eliminate possible system breaches, prevent data loss and identify attack attempts in due time. The ‘Rules Wizard’ enables you to set permission levels and modify port settings.
The antivirus and antispyware components provide proactive and anti-leak protection, monitoring the system processes, files, applications, and removable drives in order to detect suspicious files that might contain viruses, worms, trojans, spyware and so on.
On-demand scanning options are also available. You can run a quick scan or a custom scan (in this case, the user chooses the system sectors or the directories to analyze) anytime, but a full system scan is recommended periodically, in order to run a more thorough analysis of the system files.
The application uses the SmartScan technology, includes signature and heuristic engines and supports archive scanning. You can set it to automatically send detected threats to the quarantine section or remove them directly. Additionally, you can set custom alerts for practically every action or event, from malware or attack detection, IP or site blocking to malware deletion and rule auto-creation.
Process and registry activity monitoring, web content filtering, mail and anti-spam scanning, CD-ROM protection, entertainment mode, password-protection, scan scheduling, and event logging are some of the other advantages that this suite comes with. Self-protection and auto-learning capabilities are designed to ensure continuous defense.
Outpost Firewall Pro includes all you need to keep infections away from your PC and make sure that the system is working properly. With its arsenal of defense tools, it is viable security software that provides powerful protection capabilities.
It provides a superior arsenal of defense against PC infiltration by denying unauthorized access by remote hackers and protecting against data theft, denial of service attacks, privacy violation, Trojan horses, spyware and more.
Four major criteria define Outpost Firewall Pro: security, control, privacy and ease of use.
- Detects and blocks all intrusions by hackers
- Blocks data theft attempts
- Operates your computer into stealth mode, making it invisible to intruders
- Analyzes your inbox and Quarantines Internet worms and viruses
- Monitors network activity of your PC
- Protects your children from illegal, inappropriate websites
- Provides full access to a thorough history of your connections
- Prevents data leak from your PC
- Averts invasions of your privacy through the Internet
- Conceals your surfing habits when browsing the Web
Ease of Use
- Runs under all Windows systems on any Internet connection with any applications;
- Auto-configures for your best protection during installation;
- Updates information frequently through a custom utility, to ensure your protection against new attacks.
Outpost Firewall Pro Features
Preemptive threat protection
- This software provides the first line of defense against rogue software by proactively controlling how programs behave and interact on a PC.
- The Host Protection safeguard, which proactively monitors for and blocks the kinds of sophisticated hacking techniques used to compromise or steal data, means that malicious activity is no longer possible.
- By analyzing threats and displaying actionable alerts, Host Protection stops zero-day attacks and shields the computer against inappropriate operations, rendering it defended in advance against security risks like botnets and inadvertent data disclosure.
- Today’s malware frequently seeks to shut down security software to make its infection process easier. By incorporating solid tamper-proof protection for all its components, Outpost Firewall Pro makes it impossible for anyone except the authorized user of the program to disable or close active protection.
- Efficient anti-malware
360-degree malware defense
- Both anti-virus and anti-spyware capabilities are provided through the universal anti-malware module, which ensures that your computer is kept clean of any malicious program that might infect while you’re surfing the web.
- The on-access monitor constantly watches for instantly disinfects or removes any malware objects found in key areas of the PC, while the on-demand scanner lets you scan for and remove threats on hard-disks, network folders, DVDs, or external storage devices at your convenience.
- Email attachments are checked in real time as they leave or arrive, and you can move any suspicious file to the quarantine area for later review.
Scheduled scans & exclusions
- You can set up a schedule for regular malware scans. Additionally, you can specify locations and/or file types to exclude from regular scans, provided you are certain these locations and/or file types are clean.
- SmartScan, the intelligent file sensing monitor, scans only the modified portions of the file system, avoiding repeat scans of files that have not changed since the last scan. The fast and intelligent anti-malware engine has no impact on overall system performance and can operate in the background while you work.
- Network security & continuity
- The two-way firewall monitors your computer’s inbound and outbound connections and prevents local and remote unauthorized network access. It conceals access ports, making your presence on the Internet invisible.
- The ethernet protection module guards your LAN connection and prevents internal sabotage by controlling the transmission of data over the network. This eliminates the potential for data such as chat windows or authenticated browser sessions to be delivered to the wrong destination or intercepted while in transit.
Application access control
- The firewall controls which programs are allowed to access the Internet, proactively protecting your PC against zero-day threats and malware attempts to phone home.
- Outpost Firewall Pro secures all types of connections (Ethernet, WiFi, DSL, cable, cellular, and dial-up), automatically applying the necessary security settings when the computer is connected to a new provider.
- The Attack Detection plug-in automatically repels known types of hacker attacks from your computer.
- Control & monitoring
Network activity monitoring
- Outpost’s Network Activity Monitor shows every connection your PC makes with other computers on the Internet or local network, so you can see what’s happening on your PC all the time and quickly close down any unauthorized connections.
- The Log Viewer provides a detailed and complete history of computer activity, enabling you to review what’s happened on your computer in the past or pinpoint a problem early on and correct it.
- Customized logging ensures you get only the information you want from Outpost, disregarding repetitive or irrelevant events. You can even configure exclusions for certain types of communications, such as NetBIOS or P2P traffic.
Password-protection, multiple configuration profiles
- You can set up passwords to protect your configuration from accidental or deliberate modification, as well as create and use multiple configuration profiles to suit your current risk or tolerance exposure. For experienced users, the ability to construct multiple restore points through the save/load configuration command is a big plus while experimenting with firewall settings
Adaptive firewall rules
- When traveling with your laptop, or changing ISP, you don’t have to manually adjust your security for new connection settings because it will be done automatically.
- By designating connection-specific parameters such as DNS or gateway server addresses as environment variables, your computer is automatically equipped to protect the new connections as soon as it registers the change.
Entertainment mode for uninterrupted gameplay and video viewing
- While you play full-screen games or watch videos on your PC, Outpost’s Entertainment Mode ensures the program won’t interrupt you with alerts if it detects new activity.
- New activity notifications are handled in the background without sacrificing current protection levels. You can customize which applications will automatically trigger the switch to Entertainment Mode.
Support for 64-bit Windows
- This software supports the new Windows XP x-64 operating system and is fully compatible with the hardware and software environments of 64-bit computing.
Protection from spam
- The new anti-spam engine will keep your inbox free of junk email. You can train it to recognize and use your personal definition of spam, so it becomes more efficient and an even greater time saver the longer you use it.
Personal data protection
- Any confidential information such as bank account numbers and passwords – that you define using ID Block are blocked from leaving the confines of your PC through communication routes such as IM, Web or Email.
- This will protect you against identity theft and phishing attacks that target critical information such as login credentials or credit card details. Plus, it ensures that no-one else including your children – can accidentally or deliberately disclose this information on the web either.
Cleaner, more confident surfing
- By managing cookies and external referral URLs, you can maintain a high level of privacy when visiting shopping, entertainment or news sites while at the same time allowing trusted sites to collect only the details of your browsing habits needed to personalize pages for you.
- Additionally, this software lets you limit the elements displayed on web pages, providing for cleaner and faster browsing. You can also define the sites that are permitted (or not permitted) to display images, rotate advertising banners, execute external code such as ActiveX or Java scripts, or deliver pop-ups.
- The integral Content plug-in lets you compile a list of words and phrases that will be blocked from being displayed on web sites a particularly valuable feature for parents who do not want their children exposed to inappropriate content. You also have the option to block specific sites from being accessed.
- Convenience and Ease of Use
Automatic configuration for simplicity
- Rules for most programs that access the Internet are applied automatically, relieving you of the need to enter rules manually every time a new application accesses the Internet or interacts with another program.
- This approach means that most of the time, users will not need to deal with questions relating to Internet access, minimizing distractions and alleviating exposure to insecure configurations.
- A wide range of predefined access policies are assigned to particular programs; the option to itemize Internet-accessing applications on initiation or at a later date also contributes to Outpost’s usability.
ImproveNet service for easily-made configuration
- ImproveNet is a voluntary system of program configuration aggregation and distribution. After being reviewed and approved by Agnitum engineers, rulesets submitted by Outpost users are distributed across the user base, providing you with the most secure and up-to-date rules.
SmartAdvisor instant, context-sensitive help
- If ImproveNet doesn’t have the answer, SmartAdvisor is always on hand to help you make the right decision when configuring access information for an application.
- The entire installation process and initial configuration are automated for ease of use by less technical users. The Installation Wizard, more suitable for users experienced with firewall installation and configuration, allows for customization and the selection of specific operational parameters.
- Whenever an update to Outpost Firewall Pro is released during your license period, the program’s update module automatically retrieves the latest version from the Agnitum server and applies it as soon as you authorize it to do so.
Outpost Firewall Pro Pros & Cons
|Auto learn 2.0 feature for beginners||Difficult to learn to use initially|
|Entertainment mode protects videos and games|
|Offers two-way firewall for optimal protection|
|Processor||450 MHz CPU(x86-/x64-/multi-core)|
|Internal Memory||256 MB RAM|
|Hard disk space||350 MB free disk space.|
|Title||Outpost Firewall Pro 9.1 For Windows|
|File Size||27.5 MB|
|Requirements||Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2000, Windows 10, Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8|
|Available Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Date added||Tuesday, December 1st, 2015|