Optifine HD for Minecraft one.13.2/1.12.2 and 1.11.2 may be a mod that guarantees a major boost to Federal Protective Service for anyone taking part in Minecraft, whether or not they area unit online or offline, taking part in single-player or with people. However, for servers hosted by others, the owner should have Optifine HD mod put in on their server for the mod to work; you having it put in on your own laptop won’t be enough, during this case.
It allows Minecraft to run faster and look better with full support for HD textures and many configuration options.
The official OptiFine description is on the Minecraft Forums.
OptiFine Minecraft Mod Game Features
- FPS boost
- Doubling the fps is common
- Decreases lag spikes and smooth gameplay
- Support for HD Textures
- HD textures and HD fonts (mcpatcher not needed)
- Custom terrain and item textures
- Animated terrain and item textures
- Custom HD Font character widths
- Custom colors
- Custom block color palettes
- Custom lighting
- Unlimited texture size
- Support for Shaders
– based on the Shaders Mod by Karyonix
- Dynamic Lights
- Allows handheld and dropped light emitting items to illuminate the objects around them
- Similar, but not related to the Dynamic Lights mod
- Variable Render Distance
- From Tiny to Extreme (2 x Far) in 16m steps
- Sun, moon and stars are visible in Tiny and Short distance
- Configurable Smooth Lighting
- From 1% – smooth lighting without shadows
- To 100% – smooth lighting with full shadows
- Performance: vsync
Synchronizes framerate with monitor refresh rate to remove split frames and smooth gameplay
- Smart Advanced opengl
- More efficient, less artifacts
- Fast – faster, some artifacts still visible
- Fancy – slower, avoids visual artifacts
- Fog control
- Fog: Fancy, Fast, OFF
- Fog start: Near, Far
- Visual effect which makes distant objects look better by smoothing the texture details
- Mipmap level – OFF, 1, 2, 3, Max
- Mipmap type – Nearest, Linear
- Anisotropic Filtering
- Restores details in mipmapped textures
- AF level – OFF, 2, 4, 8, 16 (depends on hardware support)
- Smooths jagged lines and sharp color transitions
- AA level – OFF, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16 (depends on hardware support)
- Better Grass
Fixes grass blocks side texture to match surrounding grass terrain
- Better Snow
Fixes transparent blocks textures to match surrounding snow terrain
- Clear Water
Clear, transparent water with good visibility underwater
- Random Mobs
Use random mob textures if available in the texture pack
- Connected Textures
Connects textures for glass, glass panes, sandstone and bookshelf blocks which are next to each other.
- Natural Textures
Removes the gridlike pattern created by repeating blocks of the same type. Uses rotated and flipped variants of the base block texture.
- FPS control
- Smooth FPS – stabilizes FPS by flushing the graphics driver buffers
- Smooth Input – fixes stuck keys, slow input and sound lag by setting correct thread priorities
- Chunk Loading Control
- Load Far – loads the world chunks at distance Far, allows fast render distance switching
- Preloaded Chunks – defines an area in which no new chunks will be loaded
- Chunk Updates per Frame – allows for faster world loading
- Dynamic Updates – loads more chunks per frame when the player is standing still
- Configurable Details
- Clouds – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Cloud Height – from 0% to 100%
- Trees – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Grass – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Water – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Rain and Snow – Default, Fast, Fancy
- Sky – ON, OFF
- Stars – ON, OFF
- Sun & Moon – ON, OFF
- Depth Fog – ON, OFF
- Weather – ON, OFF
- Swamp Colors – ON, OFF
- Smooth Biomes – ON, OFF
- Custom Fonts – ON, OFF
- Custom Colors – ON, OFF
- Show Capes – ON, OFF (supports HD capes)
- Configurable animations
- Water Animated – OFF, Dynamic, ON
- Lava Animated – OFF, Dynamic, ON
- Fire Animated – OFF, ON
- Portal Animated – OFF, ON
- Redstone Animated – OFF, ON
- Explosion Animated – OFF, ON
- Flame Animated – OFF, ON
- Smoke Animated – OFF, ON
- Void Particles – OFF, ON
- Water Particles – OFF, ON
- Rain Splash – OFF, ON
- Portal Particles – OFF, ON
- Dripping Water/Lava – OFF, ON
- Terrain Animated – OFF, ON
- Items Animated – OFF, ON
- Fast Texturepack Switching
Switch the current Texturepack without leaving the world
- Fullscreen Resolution
Configurable fullscreen resolution
- Fast Debug Info – removes lagometer from debug screen
- Debug Profiler – removes profiler from debug screen
- Time Control
Default, Day Only or Night Only – works in only in Creative mode
- Configurable Autosave interval
- A fix for the famous Lag Spike of Death
Official Video Intro Optifine Minecraft
Optifine Minecraft FAQs
Which OptiFine edition should I get?
OptiFine Ultra is the most popular edition.
- OptiFine Ultra has the most optimizations and features that can increase FPS.
- OptiFine Standard is more compatible with other mods.
- OptiFine Light may be more helpful for underpowered laptops and notebooks, but it does not have any advanced features and is not compatible with ModLoader and Forge.
Do I have to configure OptiFine to get better FPS?
Usually no. OptiFine comes with many optimizations that should increase the FPS without any configuration. You can further increase the FPS by configuring the Video Settings and finding the trade-off between quality and performance that works best for you.
How can I configure OptiFine for best FPS?
Go to the Video Settings menu and look at the tooltip shown for every setting. It should show which value to set for better FPS and which for better quality.
Why are some world chunks flickering with OptiFine?
Most probably you have enabled “Chunk Loading: Multi-Core”, but the graphics card driver does not support it properly. To fix it go to the graphics card control panel and set “Threaded Optimization” or “OpenGL Threading” to OFF (example). For best results disable it globally, not only for java.exe or minecraft.exe.
Can I include OptiFine in my modpack?
Generally no, unless you have an explicit permission from us.
- KAGIC Mod
- ForgeCraft Mod
- Mob Hunter Mod
- Feed The Beast Launcher
- Technic Launcher
- Minecraft Launcher