Ocenaudio is a good looking software solution designed for editing audio tracks that don’t cut back on features and delivery power. It’s based on the ocen framework which simplifies audio analysis.
The moment you open it you instinctively know from where to add the tracks, where the waveform is displayed and where you have to go to find effects. Its interface is more than user-friendly and makes it a breeze to find your way around.
Ocenaudio offers you more than a simple waveform view. You can toggle a spectral view along with different time formats, as well as vertical and spectral scale formats. You can also have the application analyze the track in detail and display its minimum and maximum sample values, peak amplitude, dc offset and average RMS power.
Like in other similar applications, you can select a section of the waveform, cut it, copy and paste it somewhere else in the track. A feature that not all, if not most, audio editing tools have is the ability to select multiple sections of a track and apply various adjustments to those portions alone, without altering the unselected track. Well, Ocenaudio has that feature and it’s quite handy.
VST plugins support:
- ocenaudio supports VST (Virtual Studio Technology) plugins, giving its users access to numerous effects. Like the native effects, VST effects can use real-time preview to aide configuration.
Real-time preview of effects:
- Applying effects such as EQ, gain, and filtering is an important part of audio editing. However, it is very tricky to get the desired result by adjusting the configuration of the control alone: you must listen to the processed audio. To ease the configuration of audio effects, ocenaudio has a real-time preview feature: you hear the processed signal while adjusting the controls.
- The effect configuration window also includes a miniature view of the selected audio signal. You can navigate on this miniature view in the same way as you do on the main interface, selecting parts that interest you and listening to the effect result in real time.
Multiselection for delicate editions:
- To speed up complex audio files editing, ocenaudio includes multi-selection. With this amazing tool, you can simultaneously select different portions of an audio file and listen, edit or even apply an effect to them.
Efficient edition of large files:
- With ocenaudio, there is no limit to the length or the quantity of the audio files you can edit. Using an advanced memory management system, the application keeps your files open without wasting any of your computer’s memory. Even in files several hours long, common editing operations such as copy, cut or paste happen almost instantly.
Fully featured spectrogram:
- Besides offering an incredible waveform view of your audio files, ocenaudio has a powerful and complete spectrogram view. In this view, you can analyze the spectral content of your audio signal with maximum clarity.
- Advanced users will be surprised to find that the spectrogram settings are applied in real-time. The display is updated immediately when altering features such as the number of frequency bands, window type, and size and dynamic range of the display.
Effects-wise, Ocenaudio offers you a wide selection. You get silence, reverse, invert and normalize as the standard, must-haves. Then you have amplitude adjustments, high pass and low pass filters, delay effects and damping processing. It goes without saying that when you add these filters to your tracks they don’t apply a predefined factory preset and that’s it. You have absolute control over their parameters and other various adjustments.
Moreover, when applying an effect and tampering with its settings, all the modifications that morph the sound are presented in real-time. Even the slightest notch in one of the 31 bands of the equalizer is processed and instantly added to the audio output.
Ocenaudio is capable of delivering great results while still keeping the audio editing task fun.