Norton Ghost Backup And Restore Software For PC Download Latest
Norton Ghost is a tool from Symantec which provides one’s files and folders with a high level of protection, through advanced backup and recovery.
Different installation modes
Installation can be done in standard mode (recommended for all users), or a custom one (recommended for advanced users).
The full package contains the backup and recovery service, a recovery point browser, the user interface, CD and DVD support, and LiveUpdate. It is advisable to restart the computer as many times as it requires, to ensure the proper functioning of the software.
Generating a new backup task
When creating a new backup task, users are required to choose the source and destination locations, assign a name to the backup, and even protect it with a password and encrypt its contents. Additionally, users can choose to schedule the backup task for a later time or on a frequent basis.
The interface is simple and eye-catching. There are several tabs, and each of them displays a different type of information: the existing recovery points, the created backup schedule, the task management section, the additional tools and the backup history.
Norton Ghost emphasizes the need for the users to create a restore point as the initial backup task, and users are advised to go along with the instructions. This way, if anything should go wrong, it is easy to restore the PC to a previous state when it was working correctly. Alternatively, one can copy the recovery point to a DVD or CD, or even explore files located within the backup.
One of the functions provided by Norton Ghost allows users to optimize the hard-disk that is to be used as the destination location, to make sure there is enough space.
- Norton Ghost Agent: 512 MB RAM
- Norton Ghost user interface and Recovery Point Browser: 512 MB RAM
- Symantec Recovery Disk: 1 GB RAM minimum (dedicated)
- LightsOut Restore: 1 GB RAM
- When you install the entire product: Up to 430 MB is required for a full install, depending on the language of the product you select.
- Recovery points: Sufficient hard disk space on a local hard disk or network server for storing recovery points.
- The size of recovery points depends on the amount of data you have backed up and the type of recovery point that is stored.
- LightsOut Restore: 2 GB HDD space
Norton ghost Features:
- Cold Imaging lets you back up files without installing Ghost.
- Blu-ray Disc allows you to back up large amounts of data to high-capacity Blu-ray Disc — up to 25 GB per disc (50 GB dual-layer).
- Windows 7 support including support for Bitlocker provides enhanced data protection through drive encryption and integrity checking.
- Symantec ThreatCon integration leverages intelligence from Symantec’s industry-leading security research organization to automatically backup files whenever ThreatCon reaches a specified threat level.
- Full system (disk image) backup lets you easily backup everything on a hard drive or partition.
- File and folder backup lets you back up only the files and folders you choose, rather than backing up and entire disk.
- File backup search finds and backs up only the types of files you choose, such as photos, MP3 files, and documents.
- An incremental backup copies only files that have changed for fewer, faster backups.
- Customizable, event-based backup triggers backups based on key events, such as when you install a new program or when there are sudden increases in data storage.
- Offsite backup copies recovery points to a FTP site for easier offsite backup management.
- NAS backup gives you the option of backing up your files to network-attached storage devices.
- Advanced compression automatically compresses files so you can store more files in less space.
- Advanced encryption helps keep your sensitive documents safe from prying eyes.
- System protection lets you easily restore your system, applications and files even when you can’t restart the operating system.
- Google Desktop integration makes data recovery even faster with searchable backup indexes.
- LightsOut Restore lets you quickly restore your system without needing a bootable CD.
- Remote management lets you remotely control other Norton Ghost installations (12.0 and higher) on your local area network.
- Scheduled P2V allows you to automatically create a virtual disk from your most recent backup.
- Version support lets you restore older disk images made with Ghost 10, 12 and 14.
- Multiple storage options let you back up to almost any media, including Blu-ray Disc, CDR/RW and DVD+-R/RW drives, USB and FireWire (IEEE 1394) devices, network drives, and Iomega Zip and Jaz drive.
Official Video Intro Norton Ghost
Norton Ghost FAQs
How do I restore photos from Norton Ghost?
- Open Norton Ghost.
- From Basic view, click Restore a Drive or, from Advanced view, choose Tools –> Restore Drive.
- Select the backup image you’re restoring from, and click Next. …
- In the Restore Destination window, choose the drive where you want to restore the backup, and click Next.
How does Norton Ghost work?
Norton Ghost works by copying the hard-disk drive, sector by sector, to create a clone of the operating system. This means it works best when deploying devices with identical hardware, or to backup an existing machine.
How do I use Norton Ghost 15?
- Install Norton Ghost and open it. It will run a step-by-step wizard the first time you open it. …
- On the Home screen, you can create a backup task by clicking Define Backup Wizard or Run or Manage Backups. …
- The Easy Setup screen will appear. …
- Finally, click OK to confirm.
How do I clone a hard drive with Symantec Ghost?
- Step 1: Hard Drives. You can clone. …
- Step 2: Norton Ghost. Once you load Symantec Ghost you get a welcome screen Click Ok. …
- Step 3: Disk to Disk. Your back on the menu. …
- Step 4: Select Source and Destination. Here you really need to keep an eye for. …
- Step 5: Cloning. Now we in the last step. …
- Step 6: Done With Clone.
How can I make a ghost image?
- In the Create Disk Image dialog, select Ghost Image (. …
- Add additional parameters in the Additional Parameters field.
- Enter the path and file name to store the disk image.
- (Optional) To disable the validation of the image path, select the Disable image path validation check box.
Norton Ghost is a reliable solution for computer users who spend a great of time working on their computers, and need to constantly back up all their data or only specific file formats (emails, songs, videos or photos).