Ninite is a web app package management system tool that lets you automatically install popular applications for your Windows operating system. You just make a selection from a list of applications it provides and Ninite itself bundles the selection into a single installer package.
If you’re doing a clean installation of Windows, installing your favorite apps again is time-consuming and annoying. Ninite will install your favorite applications in one fell swoop while you walk away and do something more enjoyable.
It is a cool service created by two programmers in San Francisco who believe that installing software shouldn’t require work. It’s simple to use and has a large selection of popular freeware and open source applications. Just pick the apps you want to install, download the all-in-one Ninite installer, then walk away and do something fun while it does all the work for you. The service installs the software with default settings and says “no” to any extra crapware (like browser toolbars) the installers might try to sneak in. Ninite isn’t even installed on your system, you just use a standalone executable to begin the installation process. Check these top sites for free software safe download.
Ninite Web Application Features
- Start working as soon as you run it.
- Not bother you with any choices or options.
- Install apps in their default locations.
- Say no to toolbars or extra junk.
- Install 64-bit apps on 64-bit machines.
- Install apps in your PC’s language or one you choose.
- Do all its work in the background.
- Install the latest stable version of an app.
- skip up-to-date apps.
- Skip any reboot requests from installers.
- Use your proxy settings from internet explorer.
- Download apps from each publisher’s official site.
- Verify digital signatures or hashes before running anything.
- Work best if you turn off any web filters or firewalls.
- Save you a lot of time!
How to use Ninite?
Visit the Ninite site and pick the software apps you want to add in your computer.
After you made your choices, click on the Get Your Ninite button at the bottom of the list.
Download the Ninite installer file.
Then double click to launch it.
Now walk away and go to the coffee shop, have a beer, play some Xbox or whatever you want to do that is more fun than installing a bunch of programs. A progress screen is displayed while it downloads and installs your selected programs.
When you get back you will see the finished screen.
You’ll see the icons of the programs you installed on the desktop and in the start menu. The default install paths and settings are automatically chosen for you with no crapware at all. Now you can enjoy using your favorite apps with little effort on your part. It couldn’t be easier, it’s so easy that even Grandma can pull it off.
Ninite Supported Software
- Web Browsers: Chrome, Opera, Firefox
- Messaging: Discord, Skype, Pidgin, Thunderbird, Trillian
- Media: iTunes, VLC, AIMP, foobar2000, Winamp, MusicBee, Audacity, K-Lite Codec Pack, GOM, Spotify, CCCP, MediaMonkey, HandBrake
- Runtimes: Java (AdoptOpenJDK) x64 Version 8 and 11, Java (AdoptOpenJDK) 8, .Net, Silverlight, Adobe Air
- Imaging: Krita, Blender, Paint.NET, GIMP, IrfanView, XnView, Inkscape, FastStone, Greenshot, ShareX
- Documents: Foxit Reader, LibreOffice, SumatraPDF, CutePDF, PDFCreator, OpenOffice
- Security: MS Essentials, Malwarebytes, Avast, AVG, Spybot 2, Avira, SUPERAntiSpyware
- File Sharing: qBittorrent
- Online Storage: Ninite supports Dropbox, Google Backup and Sync, OneDrive, SugarSync,
- Other: Evernote, Google Earth, Steam, KeePass 2, Everything, NV Access
- Utilities: TeamViewer 14, ImgBurn, RealVNC, TeraCopy, CDBurnerXP, Revo, Launchy, WinDirStat, Glary, InfraRecorder, Classic Start
- Compression: 7-Zip, PeaZip, WinRAR
- Developer Tools: Ninite also supports Python, FileZilla, Notepad++, JDK (AdoptOpenJDK) x64 8 and 11, JDK (AdoptOpenJDK) 8, JDK (Amazon Corretto) x64 8 and 11, JDK (Amazon Corretto) 8, WinSCP, PuTTY, WinMerge, Eclipse, Visual Studio Code.