NetSpot for Windows is a free simple and accessible wireless survey tool, which allows collecting, visualizing and analyzing WiFi data on your Windows and Mac OS X computer. It allows you to boost the quality and speed of your home or office WiFi network by helping to identify weak coverage areas, signal leaks and more.
NetSpot for Windows is a super-useful WiFi survey app that comes with two major WiFi troubleshooting modes: Discover and Survey. It only takes a couple of clicks to load your plan and begin a network site survey. Any 802.11 WiFi networks can be surveyed and visualized and All WiFi adapters are supported.
It can visualize your wireless network by building a visual WiFi map. It will let you see dead zones without coverage and place hotspots (Access Points) correctly. Using the visualized map of collected wireless data you will also see channels’ load and will be able to decide how to optimize your WiFi site better.
- You may like to know these 8 Google tips while working from home
- Read more on, Wifi Mesh Network for home internet will replace the traditional router
NetSpot for Windows Features
WiFi Discover mode
NetSpot collects every detail about surrounding WiFi networks and presents wireless data as an interactive table. It lets you troubleshoot and improve your network’s coverage, capacity, performance, APs configurations, signal level, interference, noise, etc.
Highly configurable passive WiFi surveys
With NetSpot, the in-depth network analysis is a breeze, thanks to its interactive color-coded heatmaps. Outline your real-life WiFi data on a map quickly and easily. Flexible professional reports included.
NetSpot offers more than 15 heatmap visualizations that help troubleshoot and manage any WiFi setup. By helping analyze every access point, NetSpot can scale up from useful-to-everyone to incredibly detailed for the true wireless networking mavens.
Smart AP detection and positioning
See channel info, transmit rate, vendor, security type, band, etc.
Unlimited data points per heat map
Your WiFi network can work better and become more reliable. NetSpot maps your coverage area and provides real-life signal propagation heat maps. It’s never been easier to locate WiFi issues.
Single snapshot and zone per project
- Create any number of snapshots within each zone to quickly compare Wi-Fi configurations.
- Create multiple zones per project to represent different areas, floors, levels, etc.
Save historical data per each AP for later review. Export your project survey data reports in PDF or CSV.
NetSpot is an indispensable tool to locate signal leakages, visualize your WIFi coverage, map channel load, locate rogue access points and more. Scan your network to know more.
Your Wi-Fi Mapper
Your Wi-Fi can work better and become more reliable. The app maps your coverage area and provides real-life signal propagation heat maps. It’s never been easier to locate WiFi issues.
Ever experienced low WiFi speeds? Net Spot is capable of boosting your wireless network by providing the Wi-Fi data you need to boost signal quality, speed, agility.
Customizable signal level and noise charts display changes in real-time.
NetSpot for Windows Benefits
- A quick analysis of all neighboring WiFi networks coverage
- Troubleshoot and improve WiFi
- Locate malfunctioning WiFi APPS
- Increase WiFi connection signal
- Stream over WiFi
- WiFi monitoring
- Finding signal leakages
- Improve wireless network planning and hardware deployment
- Optimize hotspots’ placement after finding dead zones
- Adjust channels’ load and to assign them properly
What’s new in 2.10
- Important: NetSpot is available in Japanese and fully supports macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- added Japanese localization
- Added Time-limited licenses are available
- added Purchase, offline activation and activation code recovery options were translated to all five languages available in the app.
- improved Survey export was improved greatly to allow saving projects with currently selected settings
- Improved workflow while WiFi adapter is busy
- improved Updated the list of device vendors fixed Minor interface and interactivity improvements throughout
NetSpot for Windows Pros and Cons
|Comprehensive WiFi assessment tool||The free trial version of this software has some limitations|
|No networking experience needed||The mapping feature isn’t quite beneficial if you’re using a desktop|
|The analysis for WiFi security analysis becomes easier||analysis in low signal environment can be tricky|
|The user interface is clean, simple, and easy to use|
|Operating System||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Vista|
|.NET framework||Requires .NET framework 4.5 and up|
|Title||NetSpot 2.10 for Windows|
|File size||254 KB|
|Requirements||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Vista|
|Available languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Date added||April 7,2019|
Netspot Free Download